Thread: My Health ?

My Health ?

It all started with an antibiotic. After about a week I ended up being very loopy in the head, so they took me to the hospital and by the time I got to the front door I don't remember anything for about a month.

I ended up being in complete kidney failure which snowballed into respiratory failure. I was on daily dialysis and a ventilator.

I also had some heart issues. A-fib and A-flutter. The A-fib seems to have stopped. But the A-flutter continued. I had to go back in for an Ablation in my heart. They had to stick a catheter up a vein in my groin that allowed them to burn the extra cells that kept my heart in constant Aflutter for the past two months and wouldn?t stop.

I also had a Pleural Effusion, They were draining between 1500cc to 500cc off my lungs every few days.

I've been home for a few months, but I'm still having trouble. When sitting all the way up for just a few minutes, I get very tired, out of breath, I have to recline for 10 minutes. I can't type more than a few words then I'm exhausted.

I've been in/out of the ER doing every test on my heart and lungs. So far no-one can find the cause. I can't do anything..

Anyone ever have this issue?
    Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

Did they check for valley fever?

Prolonged bed rest can be very debilitating, resulting in easy fatigue and muscle weakness and atrophy. You need an intensive rehab and exercise program to come back to your previous level of functioning, perhaps even a few weeks of inpatient acute rehab.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Yes, all kinds of xrays, CATscans, MRIs.
    Every doc thought it was my Heart Flutter wearing me out, but even after it was fixes, there is no change.

Blog Entries
    How is your blood-pressure?

I had the use of Cipro lead to kidney disease. I was terribly weak and ill for 4 months.

When I get exhausted by sitting up, my BP is ok, but I also get dizzy and then my BP drops.