Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take me off ssdi, just gimme my hands back.

I get it, just wanted to rant a little. However, based on the responses, you might want to end your "I hate SSDI" rant (and other rants) with, "Hey folks, just wanted to rant."

That way, people won't tone police you, or offer unwanted suggestions...on the other hand, others may add their own "I hate SSDI" comments because they know it's just a "venting" post.

Just my .02

(Note: my immediate reaction was to give you some advice as I'm a retired C4,5,6 incomplete rehab Counselor)

I thought so Tim. I surely understand your frustration . It's been 46 yrs for me and still have those times. Stay strong and vent here. You say it right on.

Lol, I surely miss Lynnifer. She was a firecracker.

Welcome Doc. S.. it'll be good having a rehab. counselor aboard. We have amazing people with great history's. SCI55 is one you'll have to read.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post
    I get it, just wanted to rant a little. However, based on the responses, you might want to end your "I hate SSDI" rant (and other rants) with, "Hey folks, just wanted to rant."

That way, people won't tone police you, or offer unwanted suggestions...on the other hand, others may add their own "I hate SSDI" comments because they know it's just a "venting" post.

Just my .02

(Note: my immediate reaction was to give you some advice as I'm a retired C4,5,6 incomplete rehab Counselor)

Ranting on my rant?
    thank you dr Strangelove,
    Genuine advice is appreciated. I respect your effort to become an incomplete rehab counselor as a C4,5,6.....are you working towards becoming a complete counselor?
    Perhaps I should not post much here at all anymore. As suggested in an earlier response, I "should find something more creative to do with my time", as if a few random posts here and there on CC consume my entire day.
    Ugh.
    actually after re-reading the comments, (in disgust) GOOD BYE
    Last edited by Tim C.; 10-20-2019 at 09:18 AM.

LOL Tim. Are you kidding me, you have to keep posting here.

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    I can relate Tim, and the way you felt when you posted that came across clearly to me. I was denied SSDI because my tax returns ‘proved I manipulated my income’. My tax returns show the financial decline of someone with a degenerative nerve disorder loosing the use of their hands. I would also much rather have my former dexterity back than be spending all my time ‘faking’ and ‘manipulating my income’. Being accused of lying has had a disastrous effect on my will to live.
    chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafino View Post
    I can relate Tim, and the way you felt when you posted that came across clearly to me. I was denied SSDI because my tax returns ‘proved I manipulated my income’. My tax returns show the financial decline of someone with a degenerative nerve disorder loosing the use of their hands. I would also much rather have my former dexterity back than be spending all my time ‘faking’ and ‘manipulating my income’. Being accused of lying has had a disastrous effect on my will to live.
    Did you appeal?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafino View Post
    Yes
    So sorry.

Blog Entries
    Been off the porting kick now for nearly a month after 17 yrs thanks to several negators , must say it's been somewhat cathartic , I now see why others jumped ship as well.

Porting kick?