Thread: Does anyone use the easy glider standing frame?

Does anyone use the easy glider standing frame?

I know the health benefits but wonder if anyone sees any functional / strength improvements? Also, how many days a week? I wonder if if should use it everyday, or if it's better to skip days?

Thanks for the help guys.
    Ian

I used one for 12 years and recently moved. The unit was shot. I had the glider and best health equipment I have ever owned. I can't wait to buy a new one. it helps in bone density and bowel and bladder. I used it everyday for at least 30 plus minutes per day.

It also provides some hip range of motion and cardiovascular exercise vs passive standing.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Yes I'm hoping it helps with rom, I've started leaning back and to each side for 1 to 2 minutes 3x. I'm wondering if I should try using it exclusively for a few weeks and cut out other therapies to see if there are any noticeable differences.

The glider standing frame can be used as a great platform to do other exercises.

I have some posted on our YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/neuroex

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

I have hooks in the ceiling above mine and use bands to do overhead exercises. Also attach them to the footplate for curls etc.

I saw the one video of the sit to stands. I was wondering if that ever progressed to trying it outside of the glider?

Blog Entries
    I use mine everyday and have for 12 yrs. I like how it makes me feel standing up and how I can move my legs. I watch TV or read a book while standing. It also relieves my neuro pain in my butt that I have while sitting down all day.