Thread: What?s the minimum layover time you?d book for a flight?

What?s the minimum layover time you?d book for a flight?

I?ve always tried to have at least a two hour layover since my injury, but recently I?ve been forced to schedule some tighter layovers (1:20 in Detroit tomorrow will be the closest I?ve ever cut it), and I have yet to miss a flight, much less have to get on last, which in addition to being very difficult on a full plane is a fair bit humiliating being brought down the aisle in restraints like Hannibal Lecter.

I found some cheap tickets on kayak ($500 to Madrid), but it would require multiple tight international layovers of between 60 and 90 minutes which worries me.

How much time do you fine folks budget for a layover?

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    a full plane is a fair bit humiliating being brought down the aisle in restraints like Hannibal Lecter.
    HA! I've always equated this action to Hanibal, too.
    Layover time can be a real crap shoot. 60 minutes could work, but almost everything needs to go right in order to make it happen. I guess it comes down to price savings and your willingness to gamble.
    Good luck.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    HA! I've always equated this action to Hanibal, too.
    Layover time can be a real crap shoot. 60 minutes could work, but almost everything needs to go right in order to make it happen. I guess it comes down to price savings and your willingness to gamble.
    Good luck.
    I've probably made a connection in 60 minutes (it hasn't left in 60 minutes, but made it there in that time ready to go), but if I really had to be somewhere that's probably not enough time to take a piss between flights, and it would have to be a reasonably close connection. I think boarding is usually 40 or 45 minutes before departure, so that certainly is cutting it close, though I do love flying through an airport pushing as fast as I can. I bet I hit 8 or 9 mph on the flat surfaces and definitely over 10 mph if there is any kind of dowhill ramp. The airport is like one of the few places where it's socially appropriate to go as fast as you want/are able to in a reasonably crowded public space. Everyone knows you got a flight to catch.

Haven't had to piss on a plane yet, but I've got an 8.5 hour flight tomorrow with just a 1:20 minute layover right before it, so I might end up emptying my leg bag while sitting between my friend and some stranger... not really something I'm looking forward to. I guess I'll toss an empty plastic water bottle into my carry on.

ooo.. 8. hour flight! Yea, I would choose not go in order to avoid that, but that's just me.
    I hope you have a great trip and let us know how it went.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8