Thread: Baclofen Pump and CSF Leak 6 Months Post Op

Baclofen Pump and CSF Leak 6 Months Post Op

Hi Everyone,

I have had a Baclofen pum for almost 6 months to the day.. In the last week to 10 days I have been having WICKED headaches. I am on Lyrica for migraines and assumed it was migraines.

They have not stopped and only ease when I lay totally flat (not even a pillow) I landed in the ER today and despite Torodal, Macsarin, ana steroid abbreviated as Dex, I am feeling minutely better. As a result, the Nuerosurge team was consulted and I have an emergency appointment with the clinical nurse coordinator and possibly my neurosurge as the on call neurosurge thinks I have a leak.

Why would I have a leak six months post op? I feel crazy.. Can anyone weigh in here?

You could have a leak if the catheter pulled out of place, or if the catheter tore the dura where the catheter goes into the intrathecal space. A blood patch is usually the treatment for a leak like this.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks KLD.. they did X-Rays today and they're saying everything is still placed where it should be; they are satisfied so Neurosurgery is referring me back to Neurology for Migraine management.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    Thanks KLD.. they did X-Rays today and they're saying everything is still placed where it should be; they are satisfied so Neurosurgery is referring me back to Neurology for Migraine management.
    Have they checked for a syrinx?
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003