Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need ideas on what others do to prevent UTI?s please.

yes for sure.................be sure theres no underlying issue b4 starting, like stones or hydronephrosis

i wish more ppl would share their experiences here, i know of so many that have had incredible success for many many years, everyone i know with success does IC not indwelling or super pubic, much different beasts there
    Quote Originally Posted by beckman View Post
    did you find the gentamicin installation worked better than microcyn/hydrocleanse for you?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

4 years and 1 symptomatic, treatable UTI.
    Guess I'm lucky.

I don't condom cath, but intermittent and I think my low incidence is primarily how paranoid I am when cathing.

I clean carefully, understanding that iodine or BZK cannot break a biofilm so I know I have to lightly scrub the opening of the urethra. Just putting stuff there won't break a biofilm or kill bacteria.

I never touch the catheter with anything before insertion. Nothing. If it brushes against anything other than carefully-cleaned skin on the way to being inserted then it goes in the trash.

Obviously I use more rigid catheters for this since I never touch the catheter.

If I'm out in a public restroom of some sort, I can do this whole thing in just my chair touching nothing in my environment. It helps to have a shirt with a pocket.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.