Thread: So in 40 years as a quadriplegic I have never had any issues with my coccyx

So in 40 years as a quadriplegic I have never had any issues with my coccyx

So in 40 years as a quadriplegic I have never had any issues with my coccyx but my last hospital stay has changed all that.
    It is about the size of a dime a purple color and softening up what is the protocol for treating a Deep tissue injury on coccyx besides 100% no weight
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

There is no besides when dealing with a tissue injury; it's staying off it or ensuring all pressure is off the site. Many of have tried other methods and most of us failed. Just the way it is.

I was over 40 years post injury when mine showed up. So sorry to hear it happened to you.

Yes and it all happened in the emergency room sitting way too long. I had something similar on my heel and they used Povidone daily and everything dried up and fell off

ER visits can be incredibly frightening. The gurneys do not afford sufficient skin protection and one can be on it anywhere from hours to most of the day. By the time one makes it to a room, if admitted, one can have a pressure injury.

It's hard to even get turned on them, though it is crucial.

I just can't believe they let that happen even after inspecting my skin when I arrived