Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I a medical mystery?

Hey Hawk, I just noticed your post and I was Recently hospitalized with sepsis but they only kept me in the hospital for 5 days. I also didn't have a UTI , however it sounds like my Hospital didn't do half of the things that your hospital did. They didn't do a full MRI, never checked my prostate, And I look at your tests and none of those were done on me, Especially the CBC or CRP that you guys keep talking about. they were only concerned with my blood cultures and after 5 days of no growth they released me. it seemed all they were concerned about was with my high lactic acid levels and white blood cell count which were high. Well less than two weeks after I was released from the hospital I did a urinalysis and now I have a UTI with e.coli. Seems like infections never end with us.

I feel the same way you do Hawk, I feel like I walked out of the hospital not knowing how I got sepsis and how I'm going to prevent this in the future. I posted an earlier question about how I can get sepsis without a UTI and KLD asked if I was seen by an infectious disease doctor When I was hospitalized which I wasn't. Now I really regret not knowing all this because I wish they would have checked my prostate and esophagus.

Just out of curiosity what are your next steps and trying to find out how you got sepsis?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    What is your CRP level? Sed rate? Could you have osteomyelitis someplace? Prostatitis?

(KLD)
    When I was hospitalized none of these tests they did on HAWK we're done on me, should I request to have the CRP levels checked?

Quote Originally Posted by pukkap View Post
    Hey Hawk, I just noticed your post and I was Recently hospitalized with sepsis but they only kept me in the hospital for 5 days. I also didn't have a UTI , however it sounds like my Hospital didn't do half of the things that your hospital did. They didn't do a full MRI, never checked my prostate, And I look at your tests and none of those were done on me, Especially the CBC or CRP that you guys keep talking about. they were only concerned with my blood cultures and after 5 days of no growth they released me. it seemed all they were concerned about was with my high lactic acid levels and white blood cell count which were high. Well less than two weeks after I was released from the hospital I did a urinalysis and now I have a UTI with e.coli. Seems like infections never end with us.

I feel the same way you do Hawk, I feel like I walked out of the hospital not knowing how I got sepsis and how I'm going to prevent this in the future. I posted an earlier question about how I can get sepsis without a UTI and KLD asked if I was seen by an infectious disease doctor When I was hospitalized which I wasn't. Now I really regret not knowing all this because I wish they would have checked my prostate and esophagus.

Just out of curiosity what are your next steps and trying to find out how you got sepsis?

I was seen by an infectious disease doctor she is the one that ordered all those tests. so far I have had two blood tests since I have been out of the hospital sent home on two weeks IV antibiotics after the ones in the hospital my numbers are going up but still no idea where the infection came from or where it went. she was worried about my hemoglobin count and said if it dropped any lower I would have to have a blood transfusion however it did not. I just had another culture done today and did not realize how much blood they took to perform that, as it was 4:30 in the morning when it was done in the hospital and I never paid much attention. I'll let you know what my infections disease doctor says next Friday when I see her on what the plan is
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322138.php
    this is a Medical News today article on an elevated CRP Level
    c reactive protein

keep us posted on the outcome

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I was seen by an infectious disease doctor she is the one that ordered all those tests. so far I have had two blood tests since I have been out of the hospital sent home on two weeks IV antibiotics after the ones in the hospital my numbers are going up but still no idea where the infection came from or where it went. she was worried about my hemoglobin count and said if it dropped any lower I would have to have a blood transfusion however it did not. I just had another culture done today and did not realize how much blood they took to perform that, as it was 4:30 in the morning when it was done in the hospital and I never paid much attention. I'll let you know what my infections disease doctor says next Friday when I see her on what the plan is
    thanks Hawk, I finally received the referral for an infectious disease doctor myself, I'll keep you posted as well. Thanks for sharing all your info.

So my Sedimentation rate has dropped to 53 which is down 26 since the last test and my reactive protein dropped to 62 which is down 31 infectious disease Dr. Is happy with that.
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"