Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magnets for attaching junk to wheelchair

Also stuck a couple to the (obviously steel) bolts in the footplate and attached four commonly used hex keys since I’m still making minor adjustments to my new ride. They’re just on there two inches off the ground all naked and I kinda expect them to fall off at some point but I’ve definitely pushed 10 miles and they’re still there... so maybe not.

if it lasts long term I might wedge some emergency cash underneath the magnets on the footplate.
    Last edited by funklab; 10-02-2019 at 10:02 PM.

I would stay away from magnets they are to easy to loose stuff I would hate for my phone and cash to fall off. Try using the 3m Velcro they make some that is really durable and can hold 10lbs or more

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    I would stay away from magnets they are to easy to loose stuff I would hate for my phone and cash to fall off. Try using the 3m Velcro they make some that is really durable and can hold 10lbs or more
    My phone stays in my pocket, so I don’t have to worry about that.

I'm a Zip Tie freak. Most bags/packs are made of nylon or similar material. Easy to make holes in them for zip ties to go threw. Heat a phillips screw driver (#1 for small hole, #2 for bigger) with a propane torch. Screwdriver pushed through will melt a hole and it won't fray. Carabiners are great too if you need to remove bag. Of course, limited locations on chair is always an issue when doing this.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)