Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving from wheelchair

I'm close to the stage of needing to give up handcycling John; 43 years soon. Not ready yet and hope to kick off before I do. What concerns me is once I retire from h/c, how can I stay in shape? Especially cardio. Can't use fes anymore. Guess it's just the aspects of aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'm close to the stage of needing to give up handcycling John; 43 years soon. Not ready yet and hope to kick off before I do. What concerns me is once I retire from h/c, how can I stay in shape? Especially cardio. Can't use fes anymore. Guess it's just the aspects of aging.
    cranking really helps my shoulders. i'll stop driving b4 i stop handcycling. i also use the ski erg, vitaglide, split weighted jumpropes and weight train though......... try these out pat, minus the weights
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Been looking at the Ski Erg. Been using the Vitaglide for 11 years now. Really good piece of equipment. It's more the rips, tears and detachments off the longheads along with joint deterioration. Gonna keep going john. heading out for a ride in a few minutes.

The Stricker and Road Race Powerpod on the Freedom Ryder help alot. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.