Thread: hey Jim ; Now what happened to c now what happened to CC?

Blog Entries

hey Jim ; Now what happened to c now what happened to CC?

OK I get the whole keep up with the times thing as it applies to technology.
    CC format was kind of like an old blanket , certain familiarity that made it home at least to me. whatever happened to ?SCI wire??
    maybe I should upgrade from my Motorola brick flip phone?

SCI-Wire is long gone, and was not in this format or using this software. Cando! discussion forums were bought when the site was sold, and although Dr. Young offered a significant sum of money to get that data back, the company that bought it refused. I am assuming it is all gone now too.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    OK so all of the discussions from my early years beginning in 2002 are owned by some entity and inaccessible to us???

No, this site started in July 2001, and all posts after that are still contained in this platform. SpineWire was 1995-1999 on a UBB platform, and Cando! was 1999-2001 (also on UBB as I remember). Unknown if that data still exists, since the company who bought the site has since sold out to another company, and refused to allow Dr. Young access.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...l=1#post219004

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    well what?s the feedback? Overall the cc constituents and members and followers and admirers love what you did with the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    well what?s the feedback? Overall the cc constituents and members and followers and admirers love what you did with the place?
    We haven't done anything with the place. I haven't been able to get in touch with Steven for several months and only he has the passwords and knows how to work with vBulletin to upgrade the site. We are dead in the water. I hope he is ok.
    Last edited by Jim; 09-27-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added a s

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We haven't done anything with the place. I haven't been able to get in touch with Steven for several months and only he has the passwords and know how to work with vBulletin to upgrade the site. We are dead in the water. I hope he is ok.
    That's very scary news. I would hate to see the lights go out.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    No, this site started in July 2001, and all posts after that are still contained in this platform. SpineWire was 1995-1999 on a UBB platform, and Cando! was 1999-2001 (also on UBB as I remember). Unknown if that data still exists, since the company who bought the site has since sold out to another company, and refused to allow Dr. Young access.
    I
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...l=1#post219004

(KLD)
    Why would any entity not allow wise young access for research/edu reasons?
    How demented?

Blog Entries
    of course I?m referring to the new mobile format

Blog Entries
    Jim, anyone (IT/competent admin/smart person following detailed instructions) with physical access to the server (still a single server, right? Not in the cloud?) can get around the password issues. PM me if you want help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We haven't done anything with the place. I haven't been able to get in touch with Steven for several months and only he has the passwords and knows how to work with vBulletin to upgrade the site. We are dead in the water. I hope he is ok.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments