Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intermittent problem with Bruno Out-Rider. Any suggestions?

Yeah I know what you mean. There's only one DME dealer around here with a full shop. Their customer service sucks. They act like their doing you a favor and they'll get to it at their convenience. I have a chair at their shop now, been waiting a week for a set of batteries luckily I have a spare chair. I hate dealing with them but their the only game in town.

Just my two cents I would go to a regular mechanic one who has a working knowledge of basic auto electrical problems. Sometime it takes a little coaxing but I have been very successful at getting guys to work on my lifts etc It sounds like a bad ground or bad connection somewhere Good mechanics have electric testers etc . to pin point the problem. In my experience "regular mechanics" are much more efficient and diagnose and solve lift problems at a fraction of the cost as any DME type dealer!

Agreed that anyone familiar with 12 volt systems should be able to make the repair. It would be a big help to have a wiring diagram. Sometimes that can be found online.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4sake View Post
    Just my two cents I would go to a regular mechanic one who has a working knowledge of basic auto electrical problems. Sometime it takes a little coaxing but I have been very successful at getting guys to work on my lifts etc It sounds like a bad ground or bad connection somewhere Good mechanics have electric testers etc . to pin point the problem. In my experience "regular mechanics" are much more efficient and diagnose and solve lift problems at a fraction of the cost as any DME type dealer!
    I agree. A competent mechanic has more experience, knowledge, and test equipment of 12v basics. DME techs are hourly paid verses mechanic paid by the job = more motivated.

My Bruno Joey is in rear of van with both -/+ wires running full length of van to connect directly to batt. Also a redundant ground added. Wire gauge 10, should be bigger, like small cable wire.
    Volt drop with my long wires might be excessive (haven't tested). I can hear the difference in sound of lift with engine running or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4sake View Post
    Agree. It sounds like a loose/poor connection somewhere. This does not require a DME type stealer.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Did you get the problem solved? It is generaly a frayed wire as stranded wire is used and maybe only one strand is having to carry the whole load. Good luck!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!