Thread: Salem Massachusetts

Salem Massachusetts

Looking for a hotel in the area or just outside of it that I can use my Molift under the bed.

I think you only have 4 to 5 hotels in that city did you do what I showed you to reach the gms of the property?

http://www.salemwaterfronthotel.com/

https://www.hawthornehotel.com/

https://www.themerchantsalem.com/

https://saleminnma.com/

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email and interest in the Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites!

The majority of our guest rooms will have at least 8 inches of clearance in front or on the sides of the beds, however I highly recommend when making your reservation to call our front desk and request a larger room.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Mary Mattei
    Sales Coordinator

Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
    225 Derby Street | Salem, MA 01970
    Direct Line: (978) 619-1115
    Fax: (978) 619-1166
    mmattei@salemwaterfronthotel.com
    www.salemwaterfronthotel.com
    Follow our Wedding Blog!

That email does not address the clearance under the bed, only around.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Correct. The question should address clearance UNDER, not beside the bed, although certainly you need enough clearance around the bed (at the foot and alongside) to maneuver your wheelchair. 8" isn't going to cut it for that!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I found one that will work. The Revolution Hotel
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Hack and I had already talked and he told me he found a hotel.

What the manager is saying and I have said from day one....most people that dont travel much call a number and have no idea who they are talking to and for the most part the people they are talking to are not even on the property or worse yet out of country.

A lot of hotels out source there call center reservations out of country to save money.

So he is saying call the hotel direct and ask for the front desk, this is the group that will know the most about the hotel and the rooms in general.

From this point you can ask them for what is going to work for you and have them go in and take pictures and measurements and them text them back to you.

Only you know what you need and what will and will not work.

As I said in the other post I am working with a family going to Dallas and they use a lift so the GM hooked me up with the house engineer who found me a room that will work and at he same time upgraded the room no charge to a corner view which is much nice and bigger.

The family is so excited...

Reminder the hotels are not the bad guy they for the most part are very willing to accommodate just dont assume every doesn't know what lifts are how they work or what accommodations will work.

Educate!!! Educate!!! Educate!!!