Thread: Anyone know anything about RGMa and MT-3921?

Anyone know anything about RGMa and MT-3921?

There is a multi-site trial kicking off for MT-3921 around the US (phase 1 safety) and when I looked I found

MT-3921 is a novel investigational drug developed jointly with Osaka University that will contribute to expanding Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma?s pipeline in neurological disorders, which is one of the focus areas for the Company.
    RGMa (repulsive guidance molecule A) was discovered in the 1990?s; however, until recently its role has not been fully understood. Current nonclinical research determined that RGMa is associated with inhibition of protection and regeneration of neurons and progression of inflammation. Additionally, it has revealed that RGMa plays a role in neurological diseases (spinal cord injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis etc.).
    MT-3921 is a humanized anti-RGMa antibody that has been developed jointly by Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma and Pr. Yamashita?s research group since 2005, and is based on initial research by Pr. Yamashita. Pre-clinical studies were conducted by his research group and the Company. Previous research was supported by a grant from the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED) and showed that MT-3921 improves locomotor function and promotes neuroregeneration in rat and monkey spinal cord injury models.
    Spinal cord injury has been a primary treatment target for regenerative medicine in recent years; however, an effective treatment has yet to be identified.
    A phaseⅠclinical trial has been underway in healthy adults in Japan. Now, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Development America, Inc. will initiate a phaseⅠclinical trial in patients with spinal cord injury in the US.

There also seems to be a paper that was done on it in 2006.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2063787/

Does anyone know anything else about this?
    I saw that the initial work was done on acute models, wondering if its relevant to chronic?

Everything I pull up on Yamashita's papers with various diseases and injury models, it indicates to me that this would be an acute time frame option.

Thanks Grammy, that was my fear. Reading between the lines it sounds like acute too - 6 patients and they are prepping 10 centres to deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Thanks Grammy, that was my fear. Reading between the lines it sounds like acute too - 6 patients and they are prepping 10 centres to deliver it.
    You're welcome. Let's hope this becomes a viable option when someone sustains a SCI.

Safety and Pharmacokinetics Study of MT-3921 in Spinal Cord Injury

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...raw=5&rank=484

Japan has a boner for acute spinal cord injury trials
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Japan has a boner for acute spinal cord injury trials
    Eh, I've had a boner for worse...

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    Eh, I've had a boner for worse...
    Lol
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature