Thread: Barrier Free Portable Ceiling Lift - Used - For Sale

Barrier Free Portable Ceiling Lift - Used - For Sale

Great help in caring for folks with disabilities. Save your back! Using track and slings you can easily lift your loved one from bed to bath to chair. Includes 1 transverse track set (approx 9ft long) and 2 separate straight tracks (about 6 feet long) that can be used in other rooms, 2 slings and portable motor unit. In very good condition!

https://www.barrierfreelifts.com/pc-2-homecare/

Get details and see photos of unit in use at the above website
    Attached Images Attached Images    

How much?
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Sorry it was missing. Asking $1000. In excellent condition although slings may need to be replaced for size and personal choice.

Sorry price was missing. Asking $1000. It’s in excellent condition. Slings May need to be replaced for size or personal choice.

I have a way off topic question purely out of personal curiosity. What about this System is portable?

It looks like it needs the ceiling tracks installed in order to be functional. How often do you find a situation where the tracks are there, but no lift?

(I worry that this will come across as facetious, but I’m genuinely curious as someone who is a para and doesn’t use this type of equipment yet but is definitely pro accessibility)

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I have a way off topic question purely out of personal curiosity. What about this System is portable?

It looks like it needs the ceiling tracks installed in order to be functional. How often do you find a situation where the tracks are there, but no lift?

(I worry that this will come across as facetious, but I?m genuinely curious as someone who is a para and doesn?t use this type of equipment yet but is definitely pro accessibility)

That was an interesting question. I checked out the website and found this: "...The PC-2 can easily be taken off one track, carried to another, and reattached, thus avoiding the need to purchase more than one lift..."
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    That was an interesting question. I checked out the website and found this: "...The PC-2 can easily be taken off one track, carried to another, and reattached, thus avoiding the need to purchase more than one lift..."

Ahhh, that makes sense.

So like one track in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, but only one lift.

Yes, this is the same CTL system my mother had. A caregiver can easily move the motor from one track to another. My mother had a track in her bedroom, another in the bathroom, and a third in the family room so she could transfer to a recliner chair.

She used hers with a SureHands lift frame for many years, and then later changed to a cloth hygiene type sling. About 8 years after installing, my bro-in-law found an extra motor cheap on eBay, which we bought so we had a back-up if the original motor needed to go in for service, which happened a few times in the 18 years she used it. When she died, I sold both motors to another member here on CareCure.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

It does require track or at least a safely anchored ceiling attachment. We had the transverse rail in the bedroom. It allows for more flexibility in placement of bed and/or chair. We could place our loved one in wheelchair or shower chair. Bathroom with roll in shower was just a few feet away. Another rail was installed in ceiling of family room where PT came to do treatment on floor mat, etc. we also had larger sling/swing in that room that we could use to “dance” with our adult child suspended from ceiling. We also had a vacation home with track installed in bedroom allowing us the same assistance at another location. The motor unit is small, I guess about 1 square foot, with very strong woven strap to lift/lower patient.