Thread: Mysterious burn

Mysterious burn

I had a thin red rash from the bottom of my foot to my knee. I went urgent care who said it was lymphangitis and sent me to the ER. They said it was a burn. It was blistering and oozing pus.

I have no idea how this got burned. I?m thinking maybe I was having soup and some spilled? Maybe from the shower? Has anyone seen this?

Sunburn? Cellulitis?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

it's the backside of your leg, or the front side?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

It goes from the front of the knee down the inside of the leg ending up at the sole. They say it is a burn and are prescribing burn ointments. They say maybe I spilled soup on the kneecap and the fluid leaked down.

I am a bit skeptical. I do not remember spilling soup. But maybe.

it is not sunburn. I thought it was cellulitis but they say it is not.

Of it was a burn the fluid from the blisters should be clear. Can you post a photo?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I am pretty sure it was a burn. I think it was from hot and sour soup delivery a few days ago. It is starting to heal.

Ah, the joyous surprises of SCI.

I remember one day I was getting ready for bed and realized I had huge blisters on the inside of both my knees. Apparently the coffee id carried between my legs had burned me that morning 16 hours earlier.