Thread: New iBot

Blog Entries
    Cool. Glad to see that's an option again.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Several months ago I emailed them. Unfortunately no insurance will cover them, as per their reply back then. The original version of iBot was targeted towards the veterans market. The VA provided many back then. The vets were the ones that pushed for and inspired the new version.

Many of the original versions have been on Ebay for years. With no support to reset the 5 year timer (ceases to work after 5 years), I tried finding someone to do the reset. All I found was a company that would rebuild the batteries and electronics in batteries. Could not find the answer to my question, "is the timer built into the batteries?" That's why I don't have an original version used iBot.
    If the new version doesn't have a timer, I may get a used one someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    ... With no support to reset the 5 year timer (ceases to work after 5 years), I tried finding someone to do the reset....
    Have you tried this guy? http://ibot4000.us/
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Have you tried this guy? http://ibot4000.us/
    With all the fans of these chairs, someone was sure to keep them going. I kept up with them until this year. Read lots about vet groups pushing to get them back in production.
    Mobius bought the design rights, made some changes. These changes required the whole design to have to go thru the insurance classification process, again.
    Not sure if any insurance will cover them today. Many months ago they wouldn't. Somewhere in CCC is a copy of the email Mobius sent me.

Wonder if this is the same guy on Ebay. Says they do iBot full service.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibot-4000-N...sAAOSwpAlbXcwa

I just got a new chair and spent my reserves for the year. It'll be a while before I can consider one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Wonder if this is the same guy on Ebay. Says they do iBot full service.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibot-4000-N...sAAOSwpAlbXcwa
    Probably same guy. Ebay poster's other ads show original Ibot tire and tube. And both sources are in in Houston. I too have been an Ibot wisher for a long time. Now that I could get one I don't know if I have the upper torso strength to use one.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have a 4000 and don't trust them on stairs at all (I've bounced and tumbled 3 steps to the floor head first) and they're not remotely adjustable as far as body position. A novelty in my mind unless you have a very low injury.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...e-power-chairs
    "From the company via inquiry... 3/12/2019
    Good Day!

Thank you for your interest in new iBOT! We have received FDA clearance and are working towards launching the new iBOT in the Summer of 2019. In the meantime, we are busy setting up our new facility here in Manchester, NH.

As we prepare to take the next step in launching the new iBOT, there are a few details we would like to share with our prospective users:
    ? A prescription from your doctor will be required for purchase
    ? The new iBOT will be offered with a rehab seat from Motion Concepts
    ? The iBOT isn?t coded for insurance coverage yet. We are actively pursuing this, but in the short term, the iBOT will be available as a self-pay cash sale only
    ? Fundraising opportunities are available, we?re happy to assist where possible
    ? Pricing for the iBOT is still being calculated, but we are working to keep the price as close to $30,000 as possible

We would also like to ask for you to provide us with your full name, physical mailing address, and phone number if you haven?t already done so. Going forward, this gives us the ability to contact you via US mail, or email. If you have a preferred contact method, please let us know. Please note this information will be stored internally within Mobius Mobility and will not be sold or shared with other parties.

Please don?t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. We are so excited that the new iBOT is almost here!!

Best Regards,
    Jailene and The Mobius Mobility Team

Mobius Mobility
    286 Commercial St.
    Manchester NH 03101
    (866) 956-2432"

Looks like the new iBot still doesn't have any seat recline or tilt-in-space, so pressure relief will be push-ups only.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.