Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Older Members Still Around?

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    same here 2001 I think learned so much here I always wondered about orange jello I really enjoyed her post the sci nurse are fantastic
    She and I were amicable at first, but we derailed. However, I do recall her injury was very severe. I always felt for her in that regard; it?s actually why we began a correspondence in the first place, I reached out to her because her story just struck me as horrific.

So many people wandered away or felt abandoned after that software upgrade several years ago. The community lost its mojo. Some people migrated to Facebook and stayed there. It's really nice to see posts from members who go 'way back, like you, Todd.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    So many people wandered away or felt abandoned after that software upgrade several years ago. The community lost its mojo. Some people migrated to Facebook and stayed there. It's really nice to see posts from members who go 'way back, like you, Todd.
    I rejoined Facebook in February. How have you been, Bonnette?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Todd View Post
    How have you been, Bonnette?
    The degeneration has been intense over the past two years, but I'm glad that I can stay engaged with the world through TV and computer. No major complaints, under the circumstances.

I remember the first conversation that you and I had here...it was about Princess Diana, whom we both love(d).
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Blog Entries
    I’m not going anywhere Todd. I remain ever hopeful that the ebb will soon cease and flow back will resume. I am looking forward to our reuniting at that “used to be paralyzed” gathering that someone used to anticipate in his or her signature line. Do you remember that is?

Glad you are back, Todd...you have been missed.

Is there anyone else still here who was a member of SpineWire (the first site sponsored by Dr. Young) or Cando! (the second and predecessor of this site)? I joined the former in 1997 as I remember.

For those who are newer members, here is a brief history of the three sites' development and transition, written by Dr. Young in 2006:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...l=1#post458063

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 09-11-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I’m not going anywhere Todd. I remain ever hopeful that the ebb will soon cease and flow back will resume. I am looking forward to our reuniting at that “used to be paralyzed” gathering that someone used to anticipate in his or her signature line. Do you remember that is?
    Jeff, who was at one time the admin here, was one of several people who had this as their signature: "~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~".

I am not sure if he is still in the Philippines or back here in the USA. He stopped by here last in Jan. of this year: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/member.php?222-Jeff

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    I was active 10+ years ago on my first account, DaleB. Went more anonymous since then due to a doxing issue (which has long since passed)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Howdy Todd,

I'm still here, but like the site itself, a little older and mellower.

This place taught me waaaay more about dealing with sci than any human I had interaction with, plus gave me a sense of community too. Besides the fighting that erupted here, this place is kind of like a university, we gather together, learn how to live in this world, then move on to dealing with the world. When we can, we come back and visit, and just like going home again, we find it different than we remember. There are new faces that have taken our place, which is a good thing, also bad because of why we are all here, but that is life.

I had a bad run of 3+ years of wounds and infections that really wore me down, physically and mentally, but I seem(and hope) to be on the end run of things and am looking forward again.

I too miss some of the oldies, FO and rdf also being two of the best. I remember fondly of sitting on FO's treetop porch in the Keys, and tried to reach him when the last hurricane hit the Keys with no luck, I hope he is well wherever he's at.

Welcome back, it's good to see you again, I steadfastly refuse to do FB, so this place is my point of contact with my sci friends.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Blog Entries
    Man, I miss FO, around here, too. Epic conversations. Smart. Even. Tempered. Rapier like wit. Awesome dude. He's still alive, and swinging, McDuff, right where you left him, I have on good word, from a couple months ago.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments