Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Older Members Still Around?

Older Members Still Around?

I joined this forum on Christmas Eve in 2005 when I was in Shreveport after being displaced from Katrina. I quickly found friends that enlivened my life on here in immense ways (even the people I argued with and had some ugly words with I still look back and think fondly of?I forgive easily, just my nature).

I read through some of the old posts and laugh at the good zingers we threw to one another and all the things we discussed. Mon dieu !

I know many have passed on and are no longer with us, and I keep them in my heart. Others maybe don?t come back here much at all because of their lives or whatever reasons they may have had. I was just wondering who is still alive and around living the best they can. I hope everyone is as happy as they can be.

Yes, I realize I?m more sentimental than many; the Portuguese have a word for it: Saudade; I?m stricken with it for life.

Not sure how old you gotta be to be “older”, but I remember back when the site was busy and highly trafficked. This place taught me almost everything I know about how to do this whole cripple thing.

Still here Todd and really glad you're back adding that wonderful insight you have.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Yep still here; 63 years old and 41 years and counting, post-injury, Still actively running GO! Mobility Solutions as CEO which I incorporated in 2005.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

They had to slow the traffic down on here. People were preying on each other.

At least if we die off, there is potentially less negatvity. We just have to stay optimistic and positive and to try and help one another.

I really miss rdf and FoolishOld. I miss all that have left or passed but I really miss those two.

same here 2001 I think learned so much here I always wondered about orange jello I really enjoyed her post the sci nurse are fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Not sure how old you gotta be to be “older”, but I remember back when the site was busy and highly trafficked. This place taught me almost everything I know about how to do this whole cripple thing.
    You’re someone I’m talking about. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Still here Todd and really glad you're back adding that wonderful insight you have.
    Likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Yep still here; 63 years old and 41 years and counting, post-injury, Still actively running GO! Mobility Solutions as CEO which I incorporated in 2005.
    That’s awesome! 41 years of SCI? Bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I really miss rdf and FoolishOld. I miss all that have left or passed but I really miss those two.
    I remember them fondly.