Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Older Members Still Around?

Still here as well. CC member 10 years, 45 years SCI, life is still good!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    "Chonic" means that it's indolent -- progresses slowly; not acute. It's an extremely heterogeneous disease (comes in many different flavors), about 25% of people with CLL never require treatment. But I am in a complete remission meaning that there is no detectable disease. (As I tell some people, now I can go back to just being paralyzed.)

I may relapse at some point -- years from now -- and if that happens it should be easily managed. I am, however, susceptible to secondary cancers (skin cancer is the biggest risk for CLLers),
    but hey, no one lives (or should want to) forever.
    I understand now. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    There are so many old-time members I miss. Some have passed, like Lynnifer, GJ, The Hip Crip, Timaru and too many others; some left or might have passed and I'm not aware of it - arndog, marycsm77, Chris (who worked at Craig), LindaT, Jody, Elaine, MSWIFE1, and many whose avatars I would recognize immediately, but whose names elude my worsening memory. Imight still posts sometimes, and I always like seeing his name. In spite of difficulties, pain and contention, there was a time when this community was lively and even fun - really more like a big extended family than a forum. Wise Young was a frequent contributor when I joined CC, and what a boon that was. I'm grateful and nostalgic. It's so good to see you here again, Todd.
    Yes, the nostalgia is wonderful, and the feeling that we were one big dysfunctional family was fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Todd View Post
    I joined this forum on Christmas Eve in 2005 when I was in Shreveport after being displaced from Katrina. I quickly found friends that enlivened my life on here in immense ways (even the people I argued with and had some ugly words with I still look back and think fondly of?I forgive easily, just my nature).

I read through some of the old posts and laugh at the good zingers we threw to one another and all the things we discussed. Mon dieu !

I know many have passed on and are no longer with us, and I keep them in my heart. Others maybe don?t come back here much at all because of their lives or whatever reasons they may have had. I was just wondering who is still alive and around living the best they can. I hope everyone is as happy as they can be.

Yes, I realize I?m more sentimental than many; the Portuguese have a word for it: Saudade; I?m stricken with it for life.
    I'm 2002, and old...older than I thought I'd ever last as an 'effed up complete quad.
    I was advised to come here by my rehab physician seeking like minded people hell bent on finding a cure. After meeting up with a solid bunch of focused individuals and visiting the keck center at rutgers a bunch of times I became convinced that we'd persevere to recover. still belie they're good people, just ...
    Yes in the early days this site was the place to be if you even knew what the acronym sci meant. A lot off good people passed though here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    I'm 2002, and old...older than I thought I'd ever last as an 'effed up complete quad.
    I was advised to come here by my rehab physician seeking like minded people hell bent on finding a cure. After meeting up with a solid bunch of focused individuals and visiting the keck center at rutgers a bunch of times I became convinced that we'd persevere to recover. still belie they're good people, just ...
    Yes in the early days this site was the place to be if you even knew what the acronym sci meant. A lot off good people passed though here.
    I realized in your quoting me I was wrong: It was actually New Year’s Eve in 2005. I remember joining CareCure right before going to a party hosted by my aunt’s best friend. My aunt lived in Shreveport, so we’d usually drive north to see her when escaping hurricanes. Well, Katrina destroyed my entire hometown, so we didn’t move back down south until eight months later.

So many things happened in my life through the course of belonging to this forum.

While the circumstances that brought us together are terrible, I’m thankful for the friendships I made here.

I check in once a week roughly. Life is what it is, and I try to make the best of it. Lately, I am contemplating retirement and moving out of this mess called NOVA. After this shit happened 9/11/19, yeah Im ready to move to SW Va!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I don't remember an AD and can't find him in the Community list. Perhaps you are referring to DA? He has not been on our forums since 2010. Don't have a clue where he is now. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/member.php?9639-DA

(KLD)
    Thanks, DA is what I meant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Thanks, DA is what I meant.
    Yes, I sure remember him/her;
    very present here at one time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    I check in once a week roughly. Life is what it is, and I try to make the best of it. Lately, I am contemplating retirement and moving out of this mess called NOVA. After this shit happened 9/11/19, yeah Im ready to move to SW Va!
    Busted cars don't happen in SWVA?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Todd View Post
    I realized in your quoting me I was wrong: It was actually New Year?s Eve in 2005. I remember joining CareCure right before going to a party hosted by my aunt?s best friend. My aunt lived in Shreveport, so we?d usually drive north to see her when escaping hurricanes. Well, Katrina destroyed my entire hometown, so we didn?t move back down south until eight months later.

So many things happened in my life through the course of belonging to this forum.

While the circumstances that brought us together are terrible, I?m thankful for the friendships I made here.
    Any photos you willing to share of the Katrina aftermath in your area?
    In ny it seemed so distant yet impacted so many.
    Was when I first heard of Conde...