Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Older Members Still Around?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Glad you are back, Todd...you have been missed.

Is there anyone else still here who was a member of SpineWire (the first site sponsored by Dr. Young) or Cando! (the second and predecessor of this site)? I joined the former in 1997 as I remember.

For those who are newer members, here is a brief history of the three sites' development and transition, written by Dr. Young in 2006:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...l=1#post458063

(KLD)
    I started with spinewire. And the name I didn't see mention from the past is AD. Where is he today?

There are so many old-time members I miss. Some have passed, like Lynnifer, GJ, The Hip Crip, Timaru and too many others; some left or might have passed and I'm not aware of it - arndog, marycsm77, Chris (who worked at Craig), LindaT, Jody, Elaine, MSWIFE1, and many whose avatars I would recognize immediately, but whose names elude my worsening memory. Imight still posts sometimes, and I always like seeing his name. In spite of difficulties, pain and contention, there was a time when this community was lively and even fun - really more like a big extended family than a forum. Wise Young was a frequent contributor when I joined CC, and what a boon that was. I'm grateful and nostalgic. It's so good to see you here again, Todd.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    There are so many old-time members I miss. Some have passed, like Lynnifer, GJ, The Hip Crip, Timaru and too many others; some left or might have passed and I'm not aware of it - arndog, marycsm77, Chris (who worked at Craig), LindaT, Jody, Elaine, MSWIFE1, and many whose avatars I would recognize immediately, but whose names elude my worsening memory. Imight still posts sometimes, and I always like seeing his name. In spite of difficulties, pain and contention, there was a time when this community was lively and even fun - really more like a big extended family than a forum. Wise Young was a frequent contributor when I joined CC, and what a boon that was. I'm grateful and nostalgic. It's so good to see you here again, Todd.
    Yep we've lost a lot of good ones over the years.

Howdy Todd. Good to see you still kickin', or at least spasming!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

49 years SCI as of yesterday, over 10 years here.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Coongrats OT. Lot's of changes for SCI since '1970, esp. quads at your level. Prayers for your continued health.

I discovered the site either in late 2001 or sometime in 2002. Back when DA, larwatson, Chris Chappell, dogger, and many others were around. I learned so much from the people on this site. I still check in once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I started with spinewire. And the name I didn't see mention from the past is AD. Where is he today?
    I don't remember an AD and can't find him in the Community list. Perhaps you are referring to DA? He has not been on our forums since 2010. Don't have a clue where he is now. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/member.php?9639-DA

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Never very active, 77 years old, 53 in a chair. Still going, but not very fast.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I don't remember an AD and can't find him in the Community list. Perhaps you are referring to DA? He has not been on our forums since 2010. Don't have a clue where he is now. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/member.php?9639-DA

(KLD)
    Could it be Adi? I remember Lynnifer having loooong dialogues with him in 2008, when I joined.

Edited to add: "Adi" might not have been his actual username here, but it's what Lynnifer called him.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 09-13-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

i am still here also 10 years and counting. this place has taught me so much in this new life.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009