Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Older Members Still Around?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Still around. I think about everyone from here all the time. Had some good times.
    oh yes north quad, now among the ''great silent majority'' around here

Jeff bought a boat and a house on a lake in Georgia... He posts all the time on Facebook. I think most of the old timers still alive are still on FB. I miss arguing with folks but alas I think we all mellowed out with old age. I have talked about buying an RV and traveling my whole adult life. The stars have aligned and I aim to see the rest of the world if I am granted the time. I miss so many that I would not have even known if not for Carecure. Ante, Jerry, Al Havel, Lynnifer, Heathquad, and the list goes on.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    I have talked about buying an RV and traveling my whole adult life. The stars have aligned and I aim to see the rest of the world if I am granted the time.
    Safe and happy journeys, darkeyed_daisy! So nice to see your name on a post.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Jeff bought a boat and a house on a lake in Georgia... He posts all the time on Facebook. I think most of the old timers still alive are still on FB. I miss arguing with folks but alas I think we all mellowed out with old age. I have talked about buying an RV and traveling my whole adult life. The stars have aligned and I aim to see the rest of the world if I am granted the time. I miss so many that I would not have even known if not for Carecure. Ante, Jerry, Al Havel, Lynnifer, Heathquad, and the list goes on.
    I wonder where he went as he did not live far from me when I lived in ga

Present! Not as much as the past but this place has been and is a great resource for all things gimpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I fear that I?m a few years behind the times, and that I also may be missing news already posted about some of these people. I was happy to notice a recent post from Dark Eyed Daisy I think.

Did we ever figure out who Maya from Oregon is?
    Did someone mention RDF?
    Foolish?
    Rhino?
    Keps?
    I want to know their thoughts about the shenanigans going on in their public life. I?ll put that in politics.

Looking for people and reading some old birthday threads is such a trip down memory lane.
    Yeah, I'd really like to hear from RDF.

Random, you and I actually met at the July 2012 open house in New Brunswick.

I've been here since Day 1 (literally). Also a member when it was SpineWire as well as CanDo. The forums have been invaluable over the years. I've got to recognize all the SCI Nurses' participation, particularly KLD - just the best!

CURE forum has gotten me through some down times as I maintain my seemingly incomprehensible belief that science will find a way to meaningfully improve our situation.

I'm not certain why the community's participation has waned over the years...

Yes, rdf is missed. He last logged on in December 2018.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I’m still here, found the site in the summer of 2001 and joined this site shortly there after. Went to China in 2003 with tim c and CJo.I used to come here every day, Now just once a month. This site kept me going. Especially in the beginning it was a great resource and still is.

Hi folks, I'm still kicking. Little older, a little wiser maybe. I've only logged on here when someone sends me a PM, and my email alerts me, for many years now. Guess I've drifted to Facebook for the most part. I'll try to get back in the groove, miss you guys and gals a lot. I've been planning on moving to HI for 6 months now, haha, but things keep getting in the way. Regardless, I should be over there within 2 or 3 months if the gods are willing. If you're on Facebook shoot me your handle, I'm Bobby Freel. Love you all
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!