Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Older Members Still Around?

Welcome back Todd!

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    u having to much fun in te sunshine
    vicky, yes florida is wonderful, absolute paradise for this ole quad.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hey LeTodd,
    To some of us, you are still a "newbie". Lol Glad you checked in. You do bring back memories.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Going on 17 years now and this site was a lifesaver for me after my injury. I have learned so much information relating to SCI here. I miss the old site pre upgrade the chat room was a major source of help relating to SCI let alone a chance to talk to Dr. Wise. I miss some of the older members like 1FineRN and of course Dogger may he rest in peace. I come here every day just to see if there is something that I have questions about and just to keep up on whats going on in the world of SCI

I think I was on Spinewire before becoming a charter CareCure member. Next month will mark my 36 year anniverSCIry. Added a chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) to my health-illness portfolio in 2014 but was fortunate to have never become particularly symptomatic and was treated to complete remission using breatkthrough "novel" agents that did not require chemotherapy. I presently lead a monthly support group for people with CLL in Los Angeles through a nonprofit called the CLL Society. Something will take me down. Eventually.
    Last edited by stephen212; 09-13-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Yes! It was on the 10th anniversary of her death. She'll be forever young and beautiful to us.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Welcome back Todd!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55+yrs. View Post
    Hey LeTodd,
    To some of us, you are still a "newbie". Lol Glad you checked in. You do bring back memories.
    Haha! I found you all later, despite being injured eight years prior. I’d written to Dr. Young about my depression attributed to living with a spinal cord injury. He suggested I join and the rest is history.

As for memories: I hope mostly good.
    Last edited by Le Todd; 09-12-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I think I was on Spinwire before becoming a more or less charter CareCure member. Next month will mark my 36 year anniverSCIry. Added a chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) to my health-illness portfolio in 2014 but was fortunate to have never become particularly symptomatic and was treated to complete remission using breatkthrough "novel" agents that did not require chemotherapy. I presently lead a monthly support group for people with CLL in Los Angeles through a nonprofit called the CLL Society. Something will take me down. Eventually.
    Stephen, that’s so lovely of you to lead such a group. May I ask by chronic, do you mean it’s never in remission?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Todd View Post
    Stephen, that’s so lovely of you to lead such a group. May I ask by chronic, do you mean it’s never in remission?
    "Chonic" means that it's indolent -- progresses slowly; not acute. It's an extremely heterogeneous disease (comes in many different flavors), about 25% of people with CLL never require treatment. But I am in a complete remission meaning that there is no detectable disease. (As I tell some people, now I can go back to just being paralyzed.)

I may relapse at some point -- years from now -- and if that happens it should be easily managed. I am, however, susceptible to secondary cancers (skin cancer is the biggest risk for CLLers),
    but hey, no one lives (or should want to) forever.