Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Older Members Still Around?

still here, bit older bit mellower. life is good
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Cool, thanks Oddity, that is good to know. I'll have to try and hit him up again.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    u having to much fun in te sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    The degeneration has been intense over the past two years, but I'm glad that I can stay engaged with the world through TV and computer. No major complaints, under the circumstances.

I remember the first conversation that you and I had here...it was about Princess Diana, whom we both love(d).
    I?m sorry to hear of your troubles. When I read about our first conversation, it?s as if you replaced a memory I?d forgotten?I do remember that! I can?t believe it?s that long ago, both Diana?s death, and our conversation about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I?m not going anywhere Todd. I remain ever hopeful that the ebb will soon cease and flow back will resume. I am looking forward to our reuniting at that ?used to be paralyzed? gathering that someone used to anticipate in his or her signature line. Do you remember that is?
    Sadly, I don?t; it?s good to have you still around. I think people check in every now and then. I still hear of people connecting by texts or phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Glad you are back, Todd...you have been missed.

Is there anyone else still here who was a member of SpineWire (the first site sponsored by Dr. Young) or Cando! (the second and predecessor of this site)? I joined the former in 1997 as I remember.

For those who are newer members, here is a brief history of the three sites' development and transition, written by Dr. Young in 2006:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...l=1#post458063

(KLD)
    Thank you, KLD; 1997 was the year of my injury. It?s been quite an interesting two decades. You?ve been quite the staple in these forums. That?s remarkable!

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I was active 10+ years ago on my first account, DaleB. Went more anonymous since then due to a doxing issue (which has long since passed)
    Oh, yes! I remember your older account. Doxxing? Wow! I?d love to hear more of that story; my inbox is open.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Howdy Todd,

I'm still here, but like the site itself, a little older and mellower.
    I notice myself mellow a bit with age as well; I suppose that?s true for a lot of people. Sorry about your health issues, but yes, I empathize with you there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Howdy, John! It’s good to see you’re still doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Todd View Post
    it?s as if you replaced a memory I?d forgotten?I do remember that! I can?t believe it?s that long ago, both Diana?s death, and our conversation about her.
    Yes! It was on the 10th anniversary of her death. She'll be forever young and beautiful to us.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions