Thread: sleep

sleep

I saw awhile ago how to prop ur legs sleeping for a quad . could you repost please I know I am doing wrong but I cannot sleep on back tried with pro pillow and I wake up

I am really not sure what you are asking for. Are you asking how do you prop your feet up when you are laying on your back?

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I lay on my side and put a pillow that I throw my left leg on but I am seeing my leg turn inwards and my left hip always seem to be higher I am not describing it well but my left side is my weak side

I tried on my stomach with pron pillow I can/t but I prono about hr most nights if I try and sleep on left side my hip hurts nd so uncomfortable. I am scared of sleeping on back as scard of sore

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I lay on my side and put a pillow that I throw my left leg on but I am seeing my leg turn inwards and my left hip always seem to be higher I am not describing it well but my left side is my weak side

I tried on my stomach with pron pillow I can/t but I prono about hr most nights if I try and sleep on left side my hip hurts nd so uncomfortable. I am scared of sleeping on back as scard of sore
    Myself and several others I know of sleep on our backs on memory foam. The foam does a good job of spreading weight around. That said, I don't weigh much.

There are large foam wedge pillows that you can get to support your legs if you decide to sleep on your back, vjls...helps to take the pressure off the lower body. Combined with a memory foam or low air-loss mattress, that might be a solution.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

ok dumb question memory ffoam is that not hard to scoot on and get up as I live by myself get in and out of bed by myself . I am not heavy but 136lbs but I really like proning but I just cant sleep

any suggestion on how other than pills and booze

Blog Entries
    me?
    ambient is great

The memory foam might make it more difficult to move but you could try it. We don't generally recommend it for pressure relief but if you are using it for comfort, it might help. I would try some positioning wedges that might help to float the hip and keep the pressure off of that area. You can try pillows, but they do not hold with any regularity nor do they guarantee that you can float an area.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.