Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being able to roll on the beach in a power wheelchair!!

Wow John, I love the Freedom Trax. I live on the Oregon Coast and really miss the beach. I have taken my power chair on wet sand a couple times, otherwise my chair does great on rough terrain which is why I bought it. It’s a Quickie QM 710, mid wheel drive with spider trac suspension that really does maneuver well.
    That is a cool device. I’m glad you’re using it so often!
    Love
    Jnanda
    Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Head Injury, Chronic Pain Disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Salt water around a powerchair is never a good idea, you're really pushing the parameters of intended use.
    You missed the point...there are a lot with in our community that live near water or like us love to travel, even those that live in areas that rain alot.

The point was in error I was to close to the waters edge taking pictures and a wild wave broke and I was up to my waste in salt water and sand.

Yet in time the chair corrected itself when dried out to the point that we were still able to enjoy our vacation.

Then once we got home we took it apart and blew all the sand out put it back together and it worked flawless.

Thats what we need is more manufactures creating more durable chairs.

I have more then my share of Pride chairs with cheap motors, I have a Permobil F3 that has on going problems.

Its nice to be in a chair now the Frontier v6 that is robust and very well built!

Quote Originally Posted by RollinPositive View Post
    You missed the point...there are a lot with in our community that live near water or like us love to travel, even those that live in areas that rain alot.

The point was in error I was to close to the waters edge taking pictures and a wild wave broke and I was up to my waste in salt water and sand.

Yet in time the chair corrected itself when dried out to the point that we were still able to enjoy our vacation.

Then once we got home we took it apart and blew all the sand out put it back together and it worked flawless.

Thats what we need is more manufactures creating more durable chairs.

I have more then my share of Pride chairs with cheap motors, I have a Permobil F3 that has on going problems.

Its nice to be in a chair now the Frontier v6 that is robust and very well built!
    I didn't miss the point, just saying that Salt Water can do a number on any electronics. Big difference riding in the rain (fresh water) than being exposed to salt water.

we blow it off with a blower but yes u can hose the tracks
    Quote Originally Posted by 24/7 Quad View Post
    John - How do you clean it off? Can you hose off the tracks and rollers?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer