Thread: **OFF Topic: Furniture

**OFF Topic: Furniture

Just curious what others do about or even buy regular AB furniture?
    Our furniture we replaced about 18 years ago. It's still in good shape, just collects dust mostly. We had cause still had living relatives and few friends that visited.
    Now my last brother and his wife pasted away15 and 10 years ago. Friends with age and Mama and I moving away from last area we were active with past co-works/friends more than 12 years ago we have no visitors. Besides this home is smaller, only 1300sq feet.
    Nephews and their grown kids have lives in multiple states all very far away. Hadn't seen any of thenm in over 10 years since funeral. They good kids they call at time and say polite things will visit soon, etc.
    Doubt by now these visits will ever happen and we are not able travel see them either. My wife has family living all in poor health and unable to travel either.

So, AB furniture I see is just junk taking up space. Mama has come around to this as well. We are thinking about trying donate or call junk hauling service to just rid all AB house sitting furniture and regular beds in extra bedrooms. We already got rid of dinning chairs, etc that was in way via junk haulers a couple years ago and since we now eat at overbed tables over our powerchairs figure dump table, too.

So, ya'll have AB furniture or just mobility/DME equipment as furniture?

"Thanks" for you time and any advice, especially flaws in our thinking in this situation.

I have very little furniture, really just a cheap $70 Ikea couch. For like the last 8 years I've been "intending" to buy a half dozen folding chairs for when I have people over, but that never actually ends up happening. My last five apartments have all been between 250 and 550 square feet, so every little bit of space counts, and I can't justify buying a bunch of furniture for the rare eventuality that I have someone over... or am I not inviting people over because I know there's not really anywhere for them to sit?

When I get a bigger place (if that ever happens), I'll buy some folding chairs that can stay well out of my way when not in use and maybe buy a recliner that I could also use, but I'm not gonna go buying a whole dining set with eight chairs that are just gonna be in my way unless I decide to have a dinner party. Seems like a waste of space. I'd rather pay less rent and then if I want to entertain once in a blue moon I can just take people to a nearby restaurant.

"funklab", Thank you, for info as well as replying.
    We talked it over this morning and thinking may keep a chase lounge, in corner we never use anyway and get rid of everything else in living and dinning room.
    "Thank you"

I have "AB" furniture but where I draw the line is a coffee table. damn thing is always in the way. So my living room does seem like it's missing something, but I like the extra floor space.

I routinely (daily) use my La-Z-Boy recliner to watch tv before bed and if I play vidz I'll sprawl out on the chaise lounge most of the time... is this something that in time I will stop doing? (transferring out of my chair) I don't foresee it, as it is just so much more comfortable than my wheelchair.

when Mario Odyssey came out I spent A LOT of time out of my chair, sometimes 12-14 hour marathons, but always was conscious of my butt skin.. never had a mark. Does this change over time? Anybody get a sore from "AB" furniture?

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    I have "AB" furniture but where I draw the line is a coffee table. damn thing is always in the way. So my living room does seem like it's missing something, but I like the extra floor space.

I routinely (daily) use my La-Z-Boy recliner to watch tv before bed and if I play vidz I'll sprawl out on the chaise lounge most of the time... is this something that in time I will stop doing? (transferring out of my chair) I don't foresee it, as it is just so much more comfortable than my wheelchair.

when Mario Odyssey came out I spent A LOT of time out of my chair, sometimes 12-14 hour marathons, but always was conscious of my butt skin.. never had a mark. Does this change over time? Anybody get a sore from "AB" furniture?
    Thank you for reply and info.
    We only have on ottoman in living room by a wing chair. Space is sparse so no tables except by door with place store keys, etc.
    Marathons on sitting in any position directly on your rear as you age mostly likely is not good idea. Don't know if exactly age, loss of muscle mass or padding/fat on rear starts disappearing. My skin back there moves around and can feel bones, same up my spine as well as shoulders, shoulder blades, arms, well all over! Even my belly is loose and moves around like on my thighs.

I have a sofa and love seat coffe table sofa table and end table plus my desk where I work. I have a lot of company. I have 2 table I roll under to cook off of they up against wall I have a lot of room to roll around my 2 spare bedroom 1 is junk room the other has a bed and chest drawers my home is 1550 but I have always kept furniture I just have it wher I get a round everything my bed is a king in the middle of room so I can see the ocean and I can roll around it no tables in it just bed