Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New TRA = Victory

If you're going to use a dremel, I would highly recommend the ez lock discs. You can replace them by hand without having to use a flathead screwdriver on their regular discs that have a screw at the end of the shaft.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    What did you use to cut off the protruding portions of the axle mounts? I've got a lot of excess there, and I think it looks bad in addition to getting in the way.

I just ordered a dremel, and I'm gonna use it to chop off part of the caster forks (not sure if that's the right word, but I keep using it), like I was talking about earlier, but I'm not sure which kind of dremel tool will be best for cutting aluminum... or deburring it after I cut it for that matter.

I may have misspoke, they're not frog legs caster forks, just regular ones, but the wide casters.
    I think I stuck them in the vice and cut them with my sawzall or I may have used a right angle 4" grinder with a cutoff wheel. (you can cut aluminum with a carbide disc/cutoff wheel, but it's not like cutting steel. More like melt and discharge)

The Dremel probably is fine for the relatively thin caster forks; I'd pull the wheels before doing and you'll need to hold it stationary somehow.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I've used a hacksaw to cut my aluminum footrest. Then file down the edges. I'm sure it would work fine for the fork. Far less expensive than a Dremel.