Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dr. Wise Young speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    After the surgery and three days in hospital, patient will go home and recover for 2 weeks. Stitches will be removed and they will be cleared for therapy. Therapy begins at week 3, for six weeks at an outpatient rehab center. The goal of the next two weeks is to build up to standing in a standing frame for 5 hours a day. (Outpatient therapy will be 5 hours a day for 5 weeks. It's just not possible for rehab centers to do 6 hours a day, 6 days a week.) After 2 weeks of standing, the goal at the end of the next 4 weeks, is stepping, using an upper-body supporting rolling walker.

After the 6 weeks of outpatient, patient will then attend Push To WalkNJ/Project WalkNJ/ or one of the other places for 4 months. The goal is to eventually work up to walking 5 days a week, 5 hours a day. That's why the walking program is 6 months. It takes a long time to get there.

After the patients in the trial are operated on, the therapy will be available for compassionate use.
    Where do I sign up ??

When recruitment starts, details will be posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    When recruitment starts, details will be posted here.
    Not on here much. Seems I signed up for an email deal before about these things ? Maybe, maybe not..

Until I'll just keep building muscles that I can use and go in my stand up frame to keep my legs that I have "so far" hopefully be I'll be a good be canadite

The last eBulletin I sent out was on the 10th. You haven't opened on since 2018, might be going to your spam. They come from sciproject.

Blog Entries
    That?s great news for you though that you?re ambulatory, it shows great perseverance are you walking on the treadmill