Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VMI Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    Bad thing about using that stuff is when you have the tire fixed is a mess and you pay more for them to clean up that mess
    also. Believe me it is a mess to clean up as I have done it for a lady that used it. What a mess.
    I hear you Art. They must have a fix for the sealant or they wouldn't be taking away the spare tire. May be why it costs so much at Chrysler. 104 dollars for the replacement bottle. Can't find just the sealant for sale anywhere on the net. Lots of complete units for sale and around 50 bucks for the same model number with sealant. I have to admit it was pretty easy to do by myself. If happens too much, will buy a spare and put in back cargo.

I just read on the forum that it takes 3 days to fix that stop start thing as you have to redo alot of stuff and it takes so many hours for it to work right. Bet it is a 30 minute fix but takes 3 days till you can drive it again. Sota like a windows update that takes forever.
    Art

I would want a spare myself. You have a side wall failure fix a flat wont do a thing. You can buy fix a flat on amazon or at most parts store for about 20 bucks that is senor safe. Just don't wait forever to fix is the problem. Two other things I hate is abs and the tire senors. If you grew up without these things you really see how useless they really are. ABS almost cause me a accident on a snow and icy road. If I not grown up without it I would have hit a car head on. Lucky I had enough sense to let go of the brake to let it come out of the for wheel lock it was in then lightly held the brake and drove out of it. I really hate ABS.
    Art

They don't care. They just want you to buy there stuff and a spare tire. Fix a flat is great in a pinch. Just fix it after you use it. Not 6 months later. lol
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    At times the light still came on. Uually when put in Reverse or drive. So far so good with it.
    Interesting. Hopefully it will keep working without any lights coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    It seems like nobody likes it. If I get a Pacifica I will probably do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWaayKz2klA
    Looks like a good fix. I would just tape up the connector in case you need it later on. Were you plug it in and on the plug both.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    Looks like a good fix. I would just tape up the connector in case you need it later on. Were you plug it in and on the plug both.
    Definitely would tape it up. This video is from a guy who did it on a Jeep Cherokee. He shows the diagnostics after unplugging it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJ_J-o-drc

Patrick,

Did you get the ESS fixed yet? My 2019 Pacifica with 400 miles has an ESS issue, along with Auto Park disabled error.

Quote Originally Posted by micah_d View Post
    Patrick,

Did you get the ESS fixed yet? My 2019 Pacifica with 400 miles has an ESS issue, along with Auto Park disabled error.
    What type of conversion do you have? I don't like hearing about these problems when I am looking at a Pacifica for my next vehicle,

Micah seems to be working okay so far. Last time the light was on I had a flat in the meantime. I used the tire service kit provided which entailed using the pump plugged into the 12vt. accessory plug in. I think that made the two battery management system finally merged together or something. Haven't had the problem in 200 miles so far. Before, it was like every 100 miles or so. I was told on my earlier visit to Chrysler to charge the battery when the light came on; which I did. The light went off but started up again around 100 miles after. Last time I charged it, it didn't go off so made an appointment. Had the flat, used the pump and light went off and no problems since..... I hope.

A replacement sealant cannister cost 104 dollars. The parts guy gave me a break and got it for 78 bucks. Still ridiculous but the tire repair guy said if we use the wrong kind of sealant, like slime, they may not be able to repair the tire due to the slime. Didn't want to take the chance so bought what Mopar had in the van. If happens again, I will buy a spare and put in back. I have to admit it was easy to seal and be back on the road by myself.

Hack, I'm still satisfied with the Pacifica. Not sure if Toyota or Honda are having issues too.