Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VMI Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    ESS means Electronic start/stop function Art. The motor shuts down at a stop and starts up again when the brake is let up. Supposed to be a gas saving thingy. It's a pia to me. pain in the ass. Not sure what FBI stands for other than the real FBI.
    My Pacifica has a button that can turn this annoying feature off.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    My Pacifica has a button that can turn this annoying feature off.
    It seems like nobody likes it. If I get a Pacifica I will probably do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWaayKz2klA

There goes the starter. Wont last long doing that all the damm time.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Have you ever heard water moving around in the in floor ramp system after going through water?
    Had a Honda Element from Freedom Motors that had that issue.

There is a plug or plugs in the bottom of the door that get plugged and if you have rain, carwash etc the water can escape and can cause rust.

I'm not about to unplug anything other than the transfer base fuse to stop the chime if not pulled all the way to the front. I think the problem with the ESS was perhaps the two batteries needed to synch up or something. I agree Art, a person would think it'd be wear and tear on the starter. Hate to think what that'd cost.

I used the supplied tire service kit Sunday after picking up a bolt in the front tire. The low tire light came on so that's cool it has that. The pump is driven off the 12vlt system in the van with the motor running. Trustfully that caused the charging system to synch up cause next time I started it, the light was off and still off. But usually took around 100 miles between it going on.

Called the Chrysler dealership to get a replacement sealant bottle that is part of the kit. $104.00 for just the sealant. So gonna look online to see if I can get it cheaper. The parts guy said just to go to Napa and get the green slime for 40 bucks. Think i'll stick with the what came with the van though as it was really easy to use and no mess whatsoever

Pacifica sure drives nice though and hope the ESS warning light bs is over with.

Called the Chrysler dealership to get a replaPacifica sure drives nice though and hope the ESS warning light bs is over with.
    If you turn the ESS off when you start up the Pacifica does it run fine?

TPMS = tire pressure monitoring system.
    TPMS has the sensor in the valve stem. Not sure if Slim will foul it. Fix-a-Flat makes a TPMS compatible product (or so it says on front of can). Not had to use my large can of it yet. I keep it under console tray.

Hmm, I thought hybrids were the only ESS vehicles. Guess I'm behind the times. Old school mind tells me too many bells = more clappers to fail (clapper = thing hanging inside a bell).

I did a little looking after what you told me on ytube. There is a few fixes fixes for other vehicle just need to find a forum for it. I would think there is a switch under dash by the brake arm. If you press the brake to far after it stops moving then the van shuts off. Some people ease up before complete stop to stop engine from shutting off. There has to be a switch by the brake arm. I bet it would be nice if it was only a switch for that but probably does something else to. If just a single switch just for stop and start easy fix. I found out the car battery is different for that stop and start system which cost about 3 times a normal car battery. I'll keep looking for a permit fix for that bullshit stuff. Also did not know about you have to have the transfer seat all the way up or it rings till you go all forward which I always did anyway. My 2012 does not have that bullshit either. You no that will mess up even when the base is all the way forward and drive you nuts buzzing. Just more useless bullshit to go wrong. Surprised they did not make the engine no start unless you was all the way forward or stop running when you put it in gear if not all forward. That could cause a accident but am sure they look at doing that. They making to much techno crap that's not needed is all these days. Would be nice if the switch you turn off would stay off, but everytime you start your engine you have to press it again. Switch won't last long doing that all the time. People have pressed the switch then press a piece of plastic like a old credit card to keep the switch down. Bad part about that is you can't use remote start on some vehicle after that simple fix.
    Art

I'm not about to unplug anything other than the transfer base fuse to stop the chime if not pulled all the way to the front. I think the problem with the ESS was perhaps the two batteries needed to synch up or something. I agree Art, a person would think it'd be wear and tear on the starter. Hate to think what that'd cost.

I used the supplied tire service kit Sunday after picking up a bolt in the front tire. The low tire light came on so that's cool it has that. The pump is driven off the 12vlt system in the van with the motor running. Trustfully that caused the charging system to synch up cause next time I started it, the light was off and still off. But usually took around 100 miles between it going on.

Called the Chrysler dealership to get a replacement sealant bottle that is part of the kit. $104.00 for just the sealant. So gonna look online to see if I can get it cheaper. The parts guy said just to go to Napa and get the green slime for 40 bucks. Think i'll stick with the what came with the van though as it was really easy to use and no mess whatsoever

Pacifica sure drives nice though and hope the ESS warning light bs is over with.
    Bad thing about using that stuff is when you have the tire fixed is a mess and you pay more for them to clean up that mess
    also. Believe me it is a mess to clean up as I have done it for a lady that used it. What a mess.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    If you turn the ESS off when you start up the Pacifica does it run fine?
    At times the light still came on. Uually when put in Reverse or drive. So far so good with it.