Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: VMI Owners

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    What type of conversion do you have? I don't like hearing about these problems when I am looking at a Pacifica for my next vehicle,
    I have the entervan conversion from Braun. I bought it up your way at Mobility Works in Tampa. It's a pretty sweet ride. I really don't mind that the stop/start is not working, it's kind of an annoying feature. What I really like is the adaptable cruise with stop and go. A few days ago there was an accident on I75 with traffic backed up and I never had to touch the gas or brake, the cruise seamless keep the same speed as the truck in front of me even coming to a complete stop a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Micah seems to be working okay so far. Last time the light was on I had a flat in the meantime. I used the tire service kit provided which entailed using the pump plugged into the 12vt. accessory plug in. I think that made the two battery management system finally merged together or something. Haven't had the problem in 200 miles so far. Before, it was like every 100 miles or so. I was told on my earlier visit to Chrysler to charge the battery when the light came on; which I did. The light went off but started up again around 100 miles after. Last time I charged it, it didn't go off so made an appointment. Had the flat, used the pump and light went off and no problems since..... I hope.

A replacement sealant cannister cost 104 dollars. The parts guy gave me a break and got it for 78 bucks. Still ridiculous but the tire repair guy said if we use the wrong kind of sealant, like slime, they may not be able to repair the tire due to the slime. Didn't want to take the chance so bought what Mopar had in the van. If happens again, I will buy a spare and put in back. I have to admit it was easy to seal and be back on the road by myself.

Hack, I'm still satisfied with the Pacifica. Not sure if Toyota or Honda are having issues too.
    Yeah, I'm still satisfied too. It's definitely a nice ride.

There is a person who comes on here from a place that sales vans. I thought he chime in by now. I have the fold out lift in my 2012 van. Got a rope and tied a knot on one end to pull the ramp in incase it stop working. In the floor ramps in Michigan in the winter to easy to freeze and lock up then you really in trouble. Was in one and it did rattle a lot. That was back in 2012. They may have fixed the rattle but snow melts then freezes then the thing wont work. I think were it freezes the fold out ramp is your best choice.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by micah_d View Post
    I have the entervan conversion from Braun. I bought it up your way at Mobility Works in Tampa. It's a pretty sweet ride. I really don't mind that the stop/start is not working, it's kind of an annoying feature. What I really like is the adaptablwe cruise with stop and go. A few days ago there was an accident on I75 with traffic backed up and I never had to touch the gas or brake, the cruise seamless keep the same speed as the truck in front of me even coming to a complete stop a few times.
    I just realized where you are from. I use Mobility Works in Largo. Do you think the ESS problem has to do with the Braun conversion. I'm definitely going to go with the VMI Pacifica when I can get workers comp to sign off on it. I don't care about the ESS either. The cruise feature sounds pretty cool.

To answer regarding a Braun Sienna fold out, it doesn’t have stop/start at all, so no issues there. It also has a temp spare in the floor in the cargo area. It’s been a classic Toyota so far, rock solid. That being said it does reflect the age of the design in areas ie the adaptive cruise has a speed floor, no auto park etc. It will brake to a stop but then the driver has to take back over.
    Had Braun had the 10in. drop last year ( it came out about Nov. of course I ordered in Sept.) I’m pretty sure I’d have a Pacifica. I’m happy with the Sienna and it drives great, avg. 24-25 mpg on highway but you guys talk about some cool toys.
    A couple thoughts, Costco has an adaptive vehicle program so you might look into it to save some coin. I don’t know about VMI but Braun will let you order the vehicle exactly like you want options wise and then they convert it when it shows from factory.
    Theres an all new Sienna design coming but it’ll be awhile before anybody has a conversion engineered.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/threa...acifica.40705/ Talks about the ESS. No problems since the extra juice needed to use the tire repair kit/pump. Looks like it is a common problem with the Pacifica and nothing to do with Braun; that I know of. My Braun dealer would never mention that anyway.

The forum does talk about other things that come up if the ESS is not addressed. Man, I'd love to get back to where we could transfer in from the side door, bum our way in between the front seats and lift up into the drivers seat. Only thin needed was a set of handcontrols and no stinkin' 81 plus computers to run the dang vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    My Braun dealer would never mention that anyway.
    Of course they wouldn't! They would probably say it's a factory problem. Which it might be. Don't you just love today's technology!

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Have you ever heard water moving around in the in floor ramp system after going through water?
    Check the rubber boot that encloses the lowering cable that's attached to the rear axle, the original one tears up and exposes a large opening under the rear seat into the sub-floor area. I replaced my boot with a motorcycle fork boot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet View Post
    Check the rubber boot that encloses the lowering cable that's attached to the rear axle, the original one tears up and exposes a large opening under the rear seat into the sub-floor area. I replaced my boot with a motorcycle fork boot.
    I will let the shop know about that. Thanks