Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shower chair transfer and bowel routine

thanks for the ideas yall im workin on it my transfers have always sucked thats part of my problemill probably talk to a therapist on this to
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Can you post some examples of a "dig Stimmer" device?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Options include using a "dig stimmer" device and getting your opening on your commode seat changed to either side or the back. Both would make reaching easier.

Suppositories do not relax the sphincter to allow defecation to occur. That is the purpose of digital stimulation (dig stim, dillie). This is also why is should not be used/is ineffective in bowel evacuation in those with a flaccid anal sphincter (lower motor neuron, LMN).

Suppositories just moves stool from the descending and sigmoid colon into the rectal vault so that they can be evacuated.

(KLD)

The two most popular ones. Separate suppository inserter if that is a problem too:

(KLD)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

If you search Amazon for Colonic Cleanse Kit , you will find many metal and silicone devices that you can use on a shower shaft that provide a similar function. At a significant lower cost. These medical ones are pricey and look rather fragile. And of course there are other opening devices if you want to explore the adult pages. Sorry if this offends some but the medical providers charge way too much for their stuff.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SLKRZ3K...dDbGljaz10cnVl

it seems my arms just arent long enough tio do it sitting up i cant dig the poop out of there so ill have to continue doing it in bed its just messier that way but it is what it is i guess

its lie when leaning im cutting offaccess to the anus and pinching the stuff in there i guess is what im trying to say

Sorry I forgot to reply many days ago when you asked. I go from the side.

I suggest you try from the side. Also the cushion can be a big factor. I need to settle in to a cushion on my Raz shower chair because i too have short arms and relaltivily short fingers. By having a cushion that lets you settle in and I also opened up the opening on the right side just a bit I can just barely reach what i need too. i could not do kit at all from the front opening type cushion. hope that helps.

i tried from the side of my mariner chair it didnt work out maybe a different chair im out of options on this one
    my one problem is i need to move forward on the chair for access to my rectum and when i do that im smashing my testicles on the front part of the cushion thats not cut out
    Last edited by wheelin 48; 09-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.

i suggest you talk to Raz directly They also will customize your cushion if needed . i checked out mariner years ago when I switched to Raz i could not have one my BP on their standard cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    i tried from the side of my mariner chair it didnt work out maybe a different chair im out of options on this one
    my one problem is i need to move forward on the chair for access to my rectum and when i do that im smashing my testicles on the front part of the cushion thats not cut out

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    You can lift those things up, ya know...