Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: C5 Complete, 10 yrs, no sensation below my chest, but my tailbone "hurts"???

  1. #1

    C5 Complete, 10 yrs, no sensation below my chest, but my tailbone "hurts"???

    Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. As stated above, I have no sensation below my chest however my tailbone and sit bone areas has begun "hurting". I put that in quotations because it's not normal sensation pain but rather a deep interior discomfort - kinda like the feeling you got when you were paddled in grade school (for those of you old enough to remember that!). I've been successfully using a J3 cushion for 7 years and have no skin breakdown. Nor do I have any red or pink spots anywhere on my behind at the end of the day. however, some days the pain sensation is enough that I can't wait to get out of my chair. Has anyone else experienced this and /or can anyone explain what's going on?

  2. #2
    Senior Member pfcs49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW NJ ***********T12 cmplt since 95
    Posts
    1,718
    Sound familiar. I'm T12, but I get a sensation of a sensation? sitting on my Jay Deep Comfort cushion and it feels not cool or good!
    My other chair has a Roho Quad-whatever the fuck its called.
    The sensation goes away/is soothed when I transfer into the Roho.
    Why not stay in the Roho? BIG PROBLEM! Any beverage I put between my legs is bound to land on the floor as movements of my butt cause the cushion to warp/go up and down
    That first cup of coffee is very important!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wddamf View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. As stated above, I have no sensation below my chest however my tailbone and sit bone areas has begun "hurting". I put that in quotations because it's not normal sensation pain but rather a deep interior discomfort - kinda like the feeling you got when you were paddled in grade school (for those of you old enough to remember that!). I've been successfully using a J3 cushion for 7 years and have no skin breakdown. Nor do I have any red or pink spots anywhere on my behind at the end of the day. however, some days the pain sensation is enough that I can't wait to get out of my chair. Has anyone else experienced this and /or can anyone explain what's going on?
    You could be experiencing neuropathic pain. It can get worse with aging, as well as with a syrinx. Do you have that in any other areas at or below your level of injury? Taking anything for it? What kind of physician is your primary provider? Do you still see a physiatrist at all?

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You could be experiencing neuropathic pain. It can get worse with aging, as well as with a syrinx. Do you have that in any other areas at or below your level of injury? Taking anything for it? What kind of physician is your primary provider? Do you still see a physiatrist at all?

    (KLD)
    No other pain at all and it usually subsides by the next morning after getting off my butt. Not taking anything for it. And I have a whole fleet of doctors! I'm waiting to hear back from my SCI doctor now.

    Is this a seat cushion issue?

  5. #5
    Any chance of hemorrhoids? Mine create a similar pain sensation.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    Any chance of hemorrhoids? Mine create a similar pain sensation.
    No, recently had them tied off.

  7. #7
    How long was your recovery after you had them tied off?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by frwheel16 View Post
    How long was your recovery after you had them tied off?
    Not long - less than a week.

Similar Threads

  1. Figuring out "What hurts"?
    By Polett in forum Care
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 01:18 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 02:01 PM
  4. painting "mistified complete "...kort
    By QUAD 50 in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •