Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making electronica hand controls out of a cookie tin

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    PMW? why that? Is this a smart car? I don't understand what the 12v is used for.

As for the dealer level tool thing, that might turn on the PMW question.
    There is no question that the 12v side of the sender is PWM; that side of the sender is powered by battery voltage.
    The other side is powered by a 5v reference voltage that is created in the engine control module.
    If the throttle sender needs to be programmed to the vehicle, it will probably make this impossible unless the car only uses one sender, i.e.: my wife gives up her car
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    There is no question that the 12v side of the sender is PWM; that side of the sender is powered by battery voltage.
    The other side is powered by a 5v reference voltage that is created in the engine control module.
    If the throttle sender needs to be programmed to the vehicle, it will probably make this impossible unless the car only uses one sender, i.e.: my wife gives up her car
    She won't trade?

For your car, I think you will need a throttle with both 5v ind and 12v PMW probably stock OEM.

Incidentally I bought the whole bolt in drive by wire gas pedal, throttle for my then new van from Rockauto for the unbelievable price of $25.
    Last edited by nonoise; 09-24-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I am using the stock sender!
    But if I knew center needs to be programmed into the vehicle I’m up shits creek
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I am using the stock sender!
    But if I knew center needs to be programmed into the vehicle I?m up shits creek
    Somehow I forgot the part that you have two stock senders. I think I got confused because I was thinking of the cool one you made.

So as for the programming. can you mock it up without programming? I know on my little van when I replaced motors and switches in the sliding door the instructions said it would have to be reprogrammed. I went ahead anyway. It is fine. But those were not gas pedal, so no real safety issue to consider.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.