Thread: Ride Designs cushions post- flap surgery

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ride Designs cushions post- flap surgery

Hello all,

I'm a C5 / C6 incomplete about 14 months out from my injury, and trying to nail down the details for my first manual chair. Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to get myself a nasty pressure sore shortly after discharging last year, and it led to flap surgery early this year. As a result, I've been put on a Roho cushion, but I don't really like the fact that it's so mushy and hard to transfer on and off of / adjust positions on. It almost feels like it's pretty good for everyone, but not great for anyone. A friend advised me to look at Ride Designs cushions, and from what I read I like what I see. However, I'm nervous that with post- flap surgery they wouldn't be as ideal as they would be in a more preventive situation. Does anyone else in this situation use a Ride Designs cushion? Would it be wise to look at something like the Java, which looks like it would be ideal for transfers, or do you think one of the custom cushions be a necessity given the damage I've already done? Obviously, this is all dependent on pressure mapping!

Thank you all!
    Emmett
    Last edited by ejl10; 08-25-2019 at 04:27 PM.