Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ride Designs cushions post- flap surgery

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    If your chair doesn't have adjustable height, it's best to get the Ride Custom cushion with a new chair. Also make sure to instruct them to make the nominal sitting height at the middle of the height range so you have the most adjustability up and down.
    Your custom cushion has adjustable height? I didn't realize that - I actually thought that it was just really tall based on the photos I've seen. Fortunately, I will have a fully adjustable chair, as I'm pretty focused at this point on a TRA. Thanks for the tip!

Huh, I missed this thread originally.

I have had multiple flaps and have been on a hi-pro quad Roho for over a decade, decided it was time for a change. I got mapped on both the Roho and Ride Java, the Roho showed "almost" red under my isch's no matter the setting, which I knew as this is how it was the last time I was mapped, but back then didn't really have another option.

The Java showed blue under them, as of course there is no pressure there, yay! Yes the surrounding areas "pick up the slack" pressure but they were all blue/green for me. I alternated between the two for a long few weeks as I was getting used to it, and now I use the Java exclusively.

*an aside; as I was in the switchover time, I occasionally developed a straight-line bruise at the top of my sacral area, it would open up, and I would have to heal it up and even visit the wound Doc. I thought it was from the Java, as it was right where the back of the cushion rests on my butt, so I would go back to Roho. Rinse and repeat a couple times. I was baffled because my routine didn't change at all, and this was sporadic. Long story short, it was not the Java, it was the padding I used to use at night on my bed, they had changed the folding of it and if I didn't be careful it would have a fold right where the bruise formed. So be wary of any and all possibilities.

The Java sits you a little taller than the Roho for sure, I put it on my same chair and haven't needed to change anything, is a little tougher picking things up off the floor, but doable for me. Transfers take a little getting used to, as you do sit in the Java a little more, and the sides don't collapse like a Roho, but like all the crap we have to do, you'll get used to it.

I am glad I have switched, my skin looks best it has in a long time.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Huh, I missed this thread originally.

I have had multiple flaps and have been on a hi-pro quad Roho for over a decade, decided it was time for a change. I got mapped on both the Roho and Ride Java, the Roho showed "almost" red under my isch's no matter the setting, which I knew as this is how it was the last time I was mapped, but back then didn't really have another option.

The Java showed blue under them, as of course there is no pressure there, yay! Yes the surrounding areas "pick up the slack" pressure but they were all blue/green for me. I alternated between the two for a long few weeks as I was getting used to it, and now I use the Java exclusively.

*an aside; as I was in the switchover time, I occasionally developed a straight-line bruise at the top of my sacral area, it would open up, and I would have to heal it up and even visit the wound Doc. I thought it was from the Java, as it was right where the back of the cushion rests on my butt, so I would go back to Roho. Rinse and repeat a couple times. I was baffled because my routine didn't change at all, and this was sporadic. Long story short, it was not the Java, it was the padding I used to use at night on my bed, they had changed the folding of it and if I didn't be careful it would have a fold right where the bruise formed. So be wary of any and all possibilities.

The Java sits you a little taller than the Roho for sure, I put it on my same chair and haven't needed to change anything, is a little tougher picking things up off the floor, but doable for me. Transfers take a little getting used to, as you do sit in the Java a little more, and the sides don't collapse like a Roho, but like all the crap we have to do, you'll get used to it.

I am glad I have switched, my skin looks best it has in a long time.
    Wow, thank you for sharing your experience and support for the Java!