Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why am I no longer receiving email notificatons?

Why am I no longer receiving email notificatons?

I have my preferences set to send me an email when someone replies to a thread I subscribed to, as well as threads I started. Under "Default Thread Subscription Mode" I have "Instantly, using email" choosen. I haven't received notifications in many months. Nothing is in my spam folder either. Suggestions?

Sorry, the version of vBulletin that runs the site is outdated. Registration doesn't work either, I have to do all manually. We will be upgraded to the new version in a few weeks.

I've been having this problem for a long time.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Website update-when will thread subscriptions work will?

The carecure community has been such a fantastic resource for me over the years. I greatly appreciate the contributions from everyone involved. I want to make that clear before asking for anything.

I do have difficulty keeping up with threads. I don't visit the site regularly but would like to follow/contribute where appropriate. My understanding is that notifications don't work properly. I also understand that there is an update/fix coming. Is this correct? If so, is there an ETA?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
    Jason

C5/6 Complete - water skiing accident 1994.

I am also having this problem. I don't get any notifications when someone posts to a thread I started, even when subscribed for instant email. I also don't get notifications when someone sends me a message. This has been going on for a VERY long time. Is this a system-wide issue, or is it just happening to a few of us? Is there anything we can do to correct it?
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    I am also having this problem. I don't get any notifications when someone posts to a thread I started, even when subscribed for instant email. I also don't get notifications when someone sends me a message. This has been going on for a VERY long time. Is this a system-wide issue, or is it just happening to a few of us? Is there anything we can do to correct it?
    There doesn't seem to be any way to correct this and several other problems until a long promised update occurs. From what Jim has said, Steven Edwards is the only one who can do the update and he has been having medical issues. We all know how that goes. Just the same, it would be nice if Steven had a back up or two to help him out.
    Last edited by gjnl; 04-20-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Steven Edwards is no longer able to help with the site as the webmaster. I believe t8burst is working on this with Jim now. Hopefully Jim will chime in.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Steven Edwards is no longer able to help with the site as the webmaster. I believe t8burst is working on this with Jim now. Hopefully Jim will chime in.

(KLD)
    Thank you to everyone who have and continue to keep the site going.

So it's been around a year and 3 months since I started this thread. Is this issue likely to be fixed in the near future, or are folks migrating to a new site? I say this with all due respect to everyone who's kept this site going for so long.

The forum software vbulletin 4 is out of date but later versions also have problems. Depending upon how many modifications were carried out on version 4 it could be difficult to upgrade easily. As a former vbulletin forum creator it is not a simple task, you can run on a test server but this doesn't replicate the reality of many users logged in together. Good luck to those involved in the upgrade.