Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: quad stomach and self respect

Amazing transformation and accomplishment MRB!

mrb, well done on your transformation. You must be very proud of your efforts.

I am having a real battle with my tummy flab and am at a loss how to lose it, as I don't want to lose any fat off my bottom as well.

Can you share any dietary hints that may help the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    MRB,
    congrats, you did one hell of a job.
    good on that.
    were you ;lactose-intolerent or something?
    I don't think so but cutting bread and lactose seems to have helped, my waist stays the same most days. Have you tried measuring morning and evening to see if you are bloating? I. appreciate that you don't want to lose more weight but maybe changing what you eat could help. Tens machine does seem to help me. I started letting myself have more calories a few weeks ago and am looking fatter already, very frustrating as I had hoped that I would be able to eat more so back to the 1100 calories a day. I'm convincing myself that I can beat the quad belly possibly deluding myself but I will keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    mrb, well done on your transformation. You must be very proud of your efforts.

I am having a real battle with my tummy flab and am at a loss how to lose it, as I don't want to lose any fat off my bottom as well.

Can you share any dietary hints that may help the rest of us?
    I aim for 1100 calories a day, we weigh everything that I eat and I use a dieting software app to record everything that I eat and drink. I don't eat "healthy" food, approximately 300 calories a day is from chocolate! I can't give that up and I am certain that I wouldn't have stuck the diet out if I had. Usually it is about 55% carbs, 30% protein and 15% fat a day. I try and keep protein up with a diet protein shake every day. Don't follow any diet plan just stick to what I like in smaller quantity, I'll only have say 100gms of potatoes or 40gms of pasta, that is a big reduction on what I used to eat.

For me I can't change what I eat, I've never ate vegetables and am not starting now, the only way I can do it is by having smaller quantities of what I like, you soon get used to it. I was at a local Italian restaurant and ordered pasta, I ate about 1/4 of the plate and was full, the waiter was worried that I didn't like it and it took a bit of explaining that I didn't eat a lot.

Some people want a fixed diet plan, that would never work for me but I have to accept that it is then up to me to regulate my food intake, 18 months on I'm still sort of in control

Thankyou for those tips mrb.

You are very good at monitoring your food intake, and perhaps this is what I need to do. I try to eat a healthy diet, but can't resist a biscuit or cake with my cup of tea. I also love fresh bread, and that is probably contributing to my bloated sensation at times.

I've never counted calories, so that may be a good start so I can see how much I'm actually eating.

Thanks again for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    Thankyou for those tips mrb.

You are very good at monitoring your food intake, and perhaps this is what I need to do. I try to eat a healthy diet, but can't resist a biscuit or cake with my cup of tea. I also love fresh bread, and that is probably contributing to my bloated sensation at times.

I've never counted calories, so that may be a good start so I can see how much I'm actually eating.

Thanks again for your advice.
    I know ur pain on bisquits and homade bread I treat my self with them every so often I love angle bisquits

Find a diet software app that has a database of food, if something you eat isn't in get the wrapper and nutritional info and enter it. You soon see what foods you need to be careful with. I love bread but it is now a special treat and does bloat me, try a few weeks without it and you really notice the difference especially later in the day.

I remain convinced that a TENS machine or slendertone helps and requires little effort to use regularly.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Find a diet software app that has a database of food, if something you eat isn't in get the wrapper and nutritional info and enter it. You soon see what foods you need to be careful with. I love bread but it is now a special treat and does bloat me, try a few weeks without it and you really notice the difference especially later in the day.

I remain convinced that a TENS machine or slendertone helps and requires little effort to use regularly.
    Incredible.
    I probably don?t need to say it but your transformation is amazing. You must feel very accomplished and your hard work and perseverance is shown. It?s clear that I?m sure you?ve worked on your exercise routine and keeping your body in good shape to the same degree.

May I ask how do you used the tens machine? Special techniques? JAny link would be appreciated.
    Regardless if you get back to me or not ? just want to pass on my good thoughts. Nice job man.

Wow! That's inspiring mrb.

Nothing special just a Neurotrac Sports XL https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neurotrac-E.../dp/B00B4QMD4A on an abs program. Used once or twice a day. I can't say for certain that it helps but it can't do any harm. It is just another part of the daily routine which helps keep me going. It has been a long game and keeping going is the difficult part, if you can make it a routine it gets easier. Recording food, weighing it, tens on first thing in the morning, waist measuring don't get focused on weight loss etc. It really is just sticking at i, nothing special about anything I do.