Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurting in SC

Hurting in SC

I do not know what hit me. I am in bed 24/7 treating a wound on my ischium that
    popped up out of nowhere, along with what seems to be a small stasis ulcer on my ankle. The wound docs are of the opinion that my tissue cells are fagile because of 81 years. Not fun. Oh to be 50 again.
    Last edited by SCIfor55+yrs.; 08-18-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Previous version was unreadable because of typos.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55+yrs. View Post
    I do not know what hit me. I am in bed 24/7 treating a sound on my machine that popped up out opp f nowhere, along with what seems to be a small stasis ulcer. The sound docs are of the opinion that my tissue cells fragile because of 81 years. Not fun. Oh to be 50 again.
    So sorry to hear this, sir. I have another online SCI acquaintance who is over 80 and stuff keep happening. He had a virus, got dizzy, and fell out of his chair. Broke a leg. Younger people are just as likely to fall, but less likely to break a bone. The long downhill slide is a real challenge! I have been on it for years now but when I need bedrest I will be horrified. Just keep making today better.

yes sorry to hear this. you've done amazingly well. I'm on the downward slide too and not looking forward to it. you are a good role model. thank you

I do not know what hit me. I am in bed 24/7 treating a sound on my machine that popped up out opp f nowhere,
    Can you explain what you mean by this? I am clueless.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I know I have slowed down a lot at 41 years post and 66 years old. It's discouraging because it is obvious you have worked hard and smart to stay healthy this long. Hoping things level out soon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by this? I am clueless.

(KLD)
    Obviously a few typos. I'm sure he meant wound not "sound" and maybe backside got mis-voice-dictated as "machine." Regardless, I hope you recover quickly SCIfor55+years!

Stephen, thanks for translating as the thread now makes sense.

SCIfor55+years, I'm sorry to hear you are bed bound due to an ulcer. Having spent 3 months in hospital myself a few years ago, due to the same problem, I can empathise with you. I know it's a pain in the neck to have to stay in bed, but if you can do it as much as possible it will help your wound to heal.

I read your Facebook link and truly admire what you have been through in your life. Your accident happened in the year I was born, and to read of your struggles with an SCI at a time when there were very few facilities available for disabled people in schools and public places, makes your struggle even more inspiring.

I wish you a speedy recovery, so you can get back to doing what you enjoy.

I do not know what hit me. I am in bed 24/7 treating a sound on my machine that popped up out opp f nowhere, along with what seems to be a small stasis ulcer. The sound docs are of the opinion that my tissue cells fragile because of 81 years. Not fun. Oh to be 50 again.
    Sorry to hear! We're in our 70s and recently dealing with wound. Wondering how they are treating wound and what "stage" it's in. My husband's was stage 3 and was treated with medical honey. It closed after about 8 weeks.
    Stay strong and hope you are back up soon.

Maybe you will need to change cushions. I had good luck recently finding a vendor of Ride Design cushions while I was healing a sore. He came to home, pressure mapped me here and scanned my present Ride Design Custom cushion so that Ride could make a clone using new generation, softer cushion. Once here he will carve cushion in area of sore to try to avoid pressure on scar tissue.

Sorry about this mess. I am struggling to get online with my 8" ebook/tablet.. I made corrections in the OP. I am learning.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/