Thread: Blood pressure issues

Blood pressure issues

I?m a C3/4/5 quadriplegic. Can having a low blood pressure while both laying down & sitting up be normal for some of us too? My top number has began running in the 80? & 90?s. It does elevate when I?m moving though. Actually, it will become too high after movement while laying down resulting from some AD.

Thanks in in advance for any and all help.

Melinda

With high cervical injuries, it is common to have a low blood pressure at all times, although it is usually lower when sitting that when flat. Keep in mind that other things that you SCI can also cause a very low blood pressure, ranging from drug side effects, dehydration, and irregular pulse such as can occur in atrial fibrillation. Suggest you discuss this with your primary care physician and get worked up for other possible causes before just assigning causation to your SCI.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I've been a quiet for 34 years and my BP has always been around 90's/60s and I never had a problem with it. But that's just me, I'm sure other quads have low blood pressure also, I guess it's just up to the person.
    C4 incomplete since 1985