Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scale for lift

Scale for lift

Hi, I tried searching the forum for the existing thread I remember reading, with no luck, but I'm interested in buying a scale to be able to weigh myself, but having a Molift 150, I'm not surehow/where I should attach the scale. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Hi, I tried searching the forum for the existing thread I remember reading, with no luck, but I'm interested in buying a scale to be able to weigh myself, but having a Molift 150, I'm not surehow/where I should attach the scale. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
    That is going to be tough. My Molift gives me enough lift to get in and out of my chair but if I added a scale like I use on my ceiling lift it wouldn't lift me up enough. Here is my setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

One like this can be detached from the lift easily when not using it to get weight, so does not interfere in the lift functions. The ones from the lift companies are easily 2-3X the price of this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YAX4MHVP&psc=1

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

i use the one kld mentioned works great
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

How do you attach it on the Molift though?

Do you have the 4-point spreader bar on your Molift? Not sure how easy that is to remove. Hopefully someone else with that lift will respond. You may have to use a Molift scale.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Yes. There doesn’t seem to be a place to detach/attach the scale.

You'd have to remove the spreader bar and use a shackle to make those connections. Or leave the spreader on and rig up some nylon straps to hang the scale. You probably wouldn't be able to use the four hooks on the spreader to do that because then you might not have enough height.

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ancho...SABEgLoM_D_BwE

i only use it on my overhead lift. no way to attach to mo
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer