Thread: Get a leash unstuck from Permobil

Get a leash unstuck from Permobil

Wow things just keep hammering me lol. I had to park a block away in my big ass van cuz neighbors don't like me causing a sight issue. I had both dogs on flexis to go a block across the street, and one got caught up in the big wheel. But it ran ok, so I got home. But it's wedged in there, and it won't budge either side I pull on it. Of course they're thin ribbons (not the cord kind). I can't figure out how to fix it. If I cut it, I don't think that will help, as it's wedged hard. How do you get to the axle of the big wheel?? Help!

Transfer off the chair. Tension the ribbon and run the wheel in reverse? But its not that simple right?

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Transfer off the chair. Tension the ribbon and run the wheel in reverse? But its not that simple right?
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'll have to find where it overlaps, by trying it a lot of ways. Ugh. I've done it before, but only just a little bit. This is impeding the wheel. Yikes.

Might have to remove the wheel to get at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Might have to remove the wheel to get at it.
    Yep, if it's wedged in there bad, pulling wheel might be necessary.
    If you continue using chair, gear box seal on axle can get damaged, allowing grease to escape (nasty stains on floor) and dirt/grit to get in = eventual motor assy replacement
    My technique for jacking up chair to pull wheel IF chair has power tilt (or elevate); tilt chair back enough to put a 4x4 piece of wood under foot plate holder, forward tilt until foot plate holder touches 4x4, continue forward tilting until wheels aren't touching floor. If chair has power leg lift, it should be all the way in (not elevated) or at least as far in as possible to make room for 4x4 before doing this.
    Another longer 4x4 can be put under chair frame (left to right, NOT front to back) as a safety measure.

Also, jacking wheels off floor and disengaging motors will allow you to spin wheels by hand and may help in removing ribbon w/o pulling wheels. Worth a try before pulling wheels.