Thread: rug burn on the butt cheeks

rug burn on the butt cheeks

Im a 30 a year old t6 para and this morning i was on the ground working out. I was sitting up and using my arms to slide my body backwards and afterwards I realized both my butt cheeks have rug burns on them. Is there a nurse here who can advise me on what to do? I do not want them to turn into a pressure sore. I can private message the pics so you can see how bad it is and if I should go into a hospital or how to care for it at home.

Silvadene. best thing to heal "burns" and has antiinfective properties. Apply then cover with non gauze/non sponge like adaptic- something that won't suck it up.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

If they are open wounds, stay off them completely until healed. Down time is as bad as it gets with SCI but the best way to prevent infections and or pressure sores. Good luck!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Please send a photo to the SCI-Nurse hotmail address (find this in the "sticky threads" on this forum). You cannot insert photos into PMs here.

Without seeing the skin damage, it is impossible to give you adequate advice.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Get yourself a Jay Protector if you are going to crawl around. The damage you do is cumulative. Each time you hurt your skin it weakens it for the next time.