Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Chair, Aero Z, 1st Month Review

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    A couple 10x28 button head machine screws, a washer, and a nut. You can see them in the side guard pic. One is silver and one is black (what I had on hand). They are mounted through existing holes TiLite drills in both the frame (No idea why) and through the backrest cane (The lowest hole for the adjustable height backrest).
    So there were holes all the way through the frame? My aero t doesn't have them but, it is older. How about the full specs of the chair?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, they go all the way through. I don't know why the frame hole is even there. The cane holes are the ones the bolt/nut that holds the height adjustable cane pieces in place. I removed those pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    So there were holes all the way through the frame? My aero t doesn't have them but, it is older. How about the full specs of the chair?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    ...I am curious; is the axle threaded and the 'E' clip used to retain? Given the forces acting on that mono axle, an 'E' clip is not ideal IMO.
    This puzzled me is well. I've designed and assembled a bunch machinery over the years I never saw a side mount retaining ring installed on machine threads. The picture isn't all that clear but looking closely at it, it looks like there's a smaller diameter extension past the threads that has the groove in it for the clip. That makes sense.

It makes as much sense as tying a length of string to the axle so it doesn't go missing . I would far rather have a locking fastener into the axle (axially).
    Last edited by slow_runner; 08-10-2019 at 08:35 PM.

That back seems really tall for 10" how do you like it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    That back seems really tall for 10" how do you like it?

The shell itself is 10" tall but it's mounted on the canes such that the top of the shell is actually 13" from the seat pan. It's comfortable. I also had them include the standard no-charge back upholstery, not mounted on the chair, in case I ever want to switch it out.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments