Thread: Google home mini set up on Windows 7 laptop.

Google home mini set up on Windows 7 laptop.

I was looking for some direction from anyone who has set up a Google Home Mini via a laptop. I did not use a smart phone. I did read that you would utilize a emulator and a popular one listed is Blue Stacks.
    I would appreciate any help. My computers skills are very limited, which becomes frustrating in this modern day. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    I was looking for some direction from anyone who has set up a Google Home Mini via a laptop. I did not use a smart phone. I did read that you would utilize a emulator and a popular one listed is Blue Stacks.
    I would appreciate any help. My computers skills are very limited, which becomes frustrating in this modern day. Thank you in advance.
    might try...

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7029485

https://www.digitbin.com/android-emulator-pc/ I found this very helpful.

The issues with emulators; adware and most suck up a lot of ram. Also need to enable "virtualization" in bios (easy to do >IF< your cpu will allow it, mine wouldn't).
    MEmu emulator will enable virtualization for you (if possible) but you will get adware warning from your antivirus (if you have a good AV). Will have to select "allow" when/if you get warning.
    If MEmu doesn't work, most likely your cpu won't allow "virtualization".

A lot of review sites recommend Blue Stacks. I found an independent review site that gave it 1 1/2 stars. There are companies that are paid to give positive reviews so keep that in mind.

I got an older Smart phone from my daughter, not for phone use but for the Google Mini. Bummed out, it has Android version 4.1.2. Google Mini requires Android version 5 or better.
    Tons of out of date phones out there that folks will give away. Just ensure it's Android 5 or higher. I dislike smart phones due to they are fragile and my hand function causes the "dropsies".
    Despite that, I will be looking for another phone, a freeby, solely for the Mini.

The hint your system, phone, or tablet will give you as to whether or not it will work with the Mini is this: if you can or cannot find the Home App. If you can't find it in Google App Store, your system is telling you it's not compatible.

I've used LeapDroid emulator for a few years now and I haven't had many problems with it. The company went out of the emulator business and no longer distributes it but I could email it if anyone needs it.

Actually its still available to download online.