Thread: Any TrackerPro users?

Any TrackerPro users?

I recently began using a TrackerPro - bought a used one. It's been very helpful because the work I do is precise and am hoping the issue I'm having is user error.

I have the TrackerPro mounted on top of an iMac. The blue light cuts out during use and then the cursor stops responding. I downloaded the troubleshooting guide, tried repositioning and placing the sticker on a baseball cap, checked to see if there were any lights/reflections behind me (which there aren't) - but haven't been able to fix this issue.

If anyone uses a TrackerPro, do you have any other suggestions of things I can try before assuming the device isn't working correctly?

Thanks in advance!

I used to have a Madentec Head Tracker (which was the predecessor of the TrackerPro... I think) for several years before it went out. It behaved similar to what you described. It eventually went out completely. Madentec could not fix it and I could not afford a new one. (mine was purchased by a foundation that helped people with spinal and brain injuries)

You might be able to take yours to a computer/electrical tech to see if there are any loose wires inside. Mine couldn't be fixed so I bought a slightly used SmartNav from a CareCure member. It works just as well and they cost about half the the price of the TrackerPro's (new). https://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/

I just noticed that they have quit making the SmartNav. Now I'm worried what I'll do when this one goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I just noticed that they have quit making the SmartNav. Now I'm worried what I'll do when this one goes out.
    Yeah that sucks. I have used SmatNav for over 10 years.

It seems like you've tried everything so I would just call Ablenet. They have great customer service.

Meeting requirements for Mac OS and RAM?