Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart Drive

Blog Entries
    Me either, not for what they want for them. But giles88's is reasonably priced IMo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post

I would not buy a Smart Drive on my own dime. On medicare, yes. The DME gets an easy $2000, I get the unit, and me the taxpayer shrieks in indignation.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Are there a lot of situations where you need to mount it while sitting in the chair?...
    MX1 and MX2 mounting appear to be similar or the same. MX2 would be heavier due to it's battery and it is bulkier. I used the MX1 for a year or more as it came from the factory. It can be mounted while sitting in the chair, but mis mounting is a possible consequence since you can't really tell how well it is seated. And to answer your question, I have not thought of any situations where I had to mount it from the chair. I even used to be able to sit on the floor of my full size van, and reach down to the ground to mount it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I use and MX1 all the time, and have trialed the MX2, they both use the same bracket on my chair.
    I always put them on while sitting in the chair. With the MX1 I have to slide the battery under my chair, and have to be able to pull the power cable over my axle.
    Takes a little practice but can easily hook both on to my chair while sitting in it.
    Leave it by the front door so I can take it off and put it on as I come and go from the house etc.

Look forward to.. fingers crossed getting the MX2 through insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Are there a lot of situations where you need to mount it while sitting in the chair?

i don?t have one, but am thinking more and more about getting one. I always assumed one would take the smarts drive off after getting out of the chair. Can?t really imagine reaching way back there while sitting in it!

I hear Smart Drive is coming out with a new model soon.

any source?

Quote Originally Posted by smity50 View Post
    I hear Smart Drive is coming out with a new model soon.

Quote Originally Posted by juniorsenior View Post
    any source?
    A tech at Smart Drive told me. I was having trouble with my new SD shutting off intermittingly. Went back and forth with tech support a few times until they admitted a problem with a batch of Smart Trackers that the Bluetooth signal would get interfered with on. They sent me a new Tracker and problem solved. In one of those conversations the tech mentioned a new model coming out in a few months. Maybe he meant a new design Tracker I'm not sure. I didn't ask. Thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone knows more.
    Last edited by smity50; 07-30-2019 at 04:29 PM.

i wonder what will be different about it anything online about it
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Blog Entries
    I spent some time in Nags Head this week, and the SmartDrive enabled me to keep up with friends and family, over miles and miles of walking, in the heat, in a way that I had never experienced up until then. I've become a fan. I definitely feel more gimpy using it, but that's just my ego and vanity gnawing at me. Easy enough to get over when the upside is so high.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I love my small drive and have it on my manual chair all the time. I also have an EZ Lock on the chair and drive my van from the chair. I am a C6-7 so I need it frequently going up ramps and long distances. I think my wife likes it more than I do! Like some of you other folks, my first wristband was defective and it would shut off the motor. I have not paired the second wristband with the smart drive motor yet but it's supposed to cure the problems of shutting down the motor at inopportune times.