Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacifica and hand controls

Congrats Milton. The more I drive my Pacifica the more I like it. Only downfall I don't like is the need to bring the transfer base all the way forward or the bells ring. It makes that I need to not only adjust the back angle but also the length using the seat adjustment. Takes a bit longer to transfer but other than that, all okay. Need to take it in Thursday for the stop/start light on.

HAckensack, are you going with the 10" drop floor or 13". Being VMI, I assume it'll be infloor.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    HAckensack, are you going with the 10" drop floor or 13". Being VMI, I assume it'll be infloor.
    It will be the in floor 13'' drop. I'm going with what my current Sienna has.

Patrick,

If the setup is still similar and you have a B&D seat, you need to find out where the fuses are located for the 6way seat. For mine there was only 2 fuses, different amps and don't remember sizes either 5&10 or 10&20 something like that. One fuse is only for that damn bell. Pull a fuse, and if the seat still moves, you pulled the correct one, if not rinse and repeat.

In my '16 Sienna, they hid the fuses in the bottom panel of the center console, down where it met the floor.

There was no way I could live with that thing, I keep the van running while transferring because in 100 degree heat, it doesn't take long for it to get uncomfortable in there, and the "override" button is a pain too. I harangued the tech who put in the seat real hard before he gave up this info, and he wouldn't do it due to legal reasons, so I had my brother do the crawling around for me.

Silence is golden.

edit: if I remember right, the fuse panel has other fuses too, as this is the Braun added panel. They were by themselves or something, sorry my memory is fuzzy.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

thanks McDuff, will try and see where those fuses are. Also don't like I can't make minute adjustments to the transfer bases while the motor is running.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    thanks McDuff, will try and see where those fuses are. Also don't like I can't make minute adjustments to the transfer bases while the motor is running.
    What? Do you mean you have to shut down to adjust the 6-way? My B&D (full size van) which I bought last summer allows me to move the seat and does not have those bells of which you speak. There are other things I do not like but it's good on those two.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The B&D in my 2019 Sienna has no alarms either. I asked the tech at the dealer and he said it depends on the model. Mines a 6 way, has the completely useless bypass switch but it does nothing but turn on a alarm.
    The manual I read off of B&D’s site said it should not alarm unless more than 4” from full forward.

Here’s from B&D:
    Your Transfer Seat Base may come equipped with an Interlock System that promotes safety during vehicle and seat base operation. The Interlock System ensures that the Transfer Seat Base is returned to the Driving Position, which is defined as fully swiveled forward, within four inches of the full forward position and in any vertical position that is comfortable. Once the vehicle is in operation the interlock prevents accidental movement of the Transfer Seat Base.
    Emergency Override
    If an emergency arises, the override switch on the interlock module will bypass all safety features and allow the Transfer Seat Base to move with the Vehicle running. This feature is to be used for emergencies only. The interlock will sound an audible alarm and an indicator will be lit until the switch is turned off and, if the vehicle is on, the Transfer Seat Base returned to the Driving Position.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    The VMI battery backup (deploy) system is to be used if your main battery dies. You shouldn't be using it if your van is running.

nope, your wrong.

fwiw: if it was ever designed to run stuff with a dead battery it would also operate the sliding side door just like a real back up battery in a full size van.

its for running the ramp when it wont work.

if it has a good battery it will run the ramp with a dead main battery after you open the door, but 99.9% of the time its going to be used to override all the safety features, micro switches and computers.

also of note in most used/older vans the battery is weak or dead, so if the charging circuit fuse isn't blown and the battery is weak or dead most of the time you can run the ramp with sure deploy if the van is running.

if the battery is weak (and the van is not running) you can easily get the ramp stuck out and then need to go to the crank back up.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Stsmark, have you tried moving your seat more than 4" while the engine is running? Mine is the 6way also, if it was installed "by the book", you should get an alarm.

In my case, I run the 6way way back for transferring while my engine is still running, so the alarm was going off the whole time, a real p.i.t.a.

Maybe Patrick's base has the sensor misplaced or his driving position is only an inch or so from the "allowed" 4 inches.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    nope, your wrong.
    I don't know how I'm wrong. From VMI chat.

Quick question about the backup battery for the deploy system
    JR Flynn 10:58
    OK
    Charles Hackney 11:00
    If your main battery dies how can you use the deploy system if your power sliding door won't open
    JR Flynn 11:00
    You will need to manually open the door first
    then hit the sure deploy button
    Charles Hackney 11:01
    Ok so you can still open the sliding door manually
    JR Flynn 11:01
    Yes you can
    If you are unsure the local dealer can show you
    Charles Hackney 11:03
    Thanks for the info
    Read
    JR Flynn 11:03
    You are welcome

The backup battery is strictly to be used if your main battery dies
    JR Flynn 11:15
    Yes that is correct
    Charles Hackney 11:15
    Not for anything else
    JR Flynn 11:15
    Correct
    Last edited by HACKNSACK44; 08-14-2019 at 11:20 AM.