Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacifica and hand controls

I bought the VMI Pacifica because it was the only one that allows me to move the front passenger chair to the driver's slot so that I can take a break from driving on longer trips. I have to EZ locks of course. One for each seat location. I bought the in-floor ramp, but it's noisy as hell; I wish I got the fold out ramp.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I bought the VMI Pacifica because it was the only one that allows me to move the front passenger chair to the driver's slot so that I can take a break from driving on longer trips. I have to EZ locks of course. One for each seat location. I bought the in-floor ramp, but it's noisy as hell; I wish I got the fold out ramp.
    We can move passenger to drivers for our ROLLX also. No noise from in floor either after 7 years. I am concerned about comments earlier about ROLLX though. It would be so nice to know how Braun, ROLLX and VMI compare mechanically, etc. I have a friend who is going through a nightmare with VMI right now. I owned a braun and said I would never go back. A repair guy for Braun told me to stay away. Frustrating as I am making a purchase soon.

Quote Originally Posted by miltongm09 View Post
    We can move passenger to drivers for our ROLLX also. No noise from in floor either after 7 years. I am concerned about comments earlier about ROLLX though. It would be so nice to know how Braun, ROLLX and VMI compare mechanically, etc. I have a friend who is going through a nightmare with VMI right now. I owned a braun and said I would never go back. A repair guy for Braun told me to stay away. Frustrating as I am making a purchase soon.
    I am the second owner of a 2002 Rollx Grand Caravan with 160,000 miles on it. 10" drop, 5" clearance, fold out, fantastic 6 way transfer seats, and no rattle. It drives fine. Maybe something has changed.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Regarding Rollx.....I think the suspension problem has to do with the make of the vehicle. It seems they do not do anything with the existing suspension. Is it possible that Honda has a wimpie suspension compared to a Dodge/Chrysler or is a non-Dodge/Chrysler not work well for their modification process? I've noticed that they have completely dropped Toyota, Honda and Volkwagon and only carry Dodge/Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by that. Prior to my current Braun Pacifica, I had a Braun Sienna. It bottomed out on EVERYTHING! Like you, I had to replace my exhaust system on a few occasions. My Pacifica is so much better in that regard. As a matter of fact, I can't recall it scraping since I've owned it.
    what kind of conversion do you have on your pacifica
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    what kind of conversion do you have on your pacifica
    Braun XT.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Braun XT.
    thanks do you have the 14 inch drop floor

The XT Is the lower of the two drop floors Pacifica has out. I think it's more like a 13" drop according to dealer I bought my 10" from.

As you know, they screwed up my order putting in an XT configuration rather than reg. Fold out ramp.. Make sure you stipulate, in writing, it's a 10" or 13" drop you want.

Does Braun have a battery backup system just in case the main battery dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    The XT Is the lower of the two drop floors Pacifica has out. I think it's more like a 13" drop according to dealer I bought my 10" from.

As you know, they screwed up my order putting in an XT configuration rather than reg. Fold out ramp.. Make sure you stipulate, in writing, it's a 10" or 13" drop you want.
    yes ill tell them ill try each to make sure glad you got yours straightened out pat